This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does God let good things happen to atheists and bad things to religious ppl?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Why does God let good things happen to atheists and bad things to religious ppl?

User Info: fudrick

fudrick
6 years ago#41
hunter_gohan posted...
What we can gather from this is that Satan wishes to help us improve and better ourselves; whereas, god just opts to completely slaughter everyone every so often. Are you sure you guys are worshiping the correct being?

I've found that even if the bible were true I would much rather praise satan than god. He actually seems like a nicer and more calm being who doesn't freak out and kill everyone whenever something goes wrong.
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious

User Info: hunter_gohan

hunter_gohan
6 years ago#42
fudrick posted...
I've found that even if the bible were true I would much rather praise satan than god. He actually seems like a nicer and more calm being who doesn't freak out and kill everyone whenever something goes wrong.

Very true. I tend to think up some crazy what if scenarios. One of the ones I thought about was what if Lucifer rebelling against YHWH was a real event, except what if Lucifer won and then he went about trying to convince the world that he is God-almighty and YHWH is evil incarnate that is now to be referred to as Satan. I see it ending up pretty much how we have Christianity now. With a holy book that records "god" commanding genocide, condoning slavery and rape and a protagonist whose kill record far outweighs the antagonist. It would certainly explain the Inquisition, Crusades, and other stuff like that. It would also explain why the world is getting better if it belongs to Satan.
If you find yourself falling into madness -- dive. -Malkavian Clan Book 1st edition
We eat gods for breakfast. - Dr Egon Spengler

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
6 years ago#43

You're certainly not helping anyone get closer to him, that's for sure.

I said "Is this drawing ME closer to God"

So... you're saying most atheists are happy because they have everything they want and have made friends with the world.

I'm only generalizing to say that "most atheists are happy", because that is what the TC said. This sentence and this sentence alone is true in that context.

ou've made a very strong implication that anyone who is an atheist is likely to have a higher propensity to have had or want to have sex with a minor.

Well then you are in error. I did not imply that at all.

The world is getting less barbarous, less bloodthirsty, less hateful, and more civilized over time.

And the number of people who don't believe in God is rising. Yeah, what's your point?
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops

User Info: hunter_gohan

hunter_gohan
6 years ago#44
OrangeWizard posted...
And the number of people who don't believe in God is rising. Yeah, what's your point?

My point is that, based on the supposed actions of these two beings, Satan is more moral and less evil than God.
If you find yourself falling into madness -- dive. -Malkavian Clan Book 1st edition
We eat gods for breakfast. - Dr Egon Spengler

OrangeWizard
6 years ago#45

My point is that, based on the supposed actions of these two beings, Satan is more moral and less evil than God.

Satan killed everyone else that God didn't kill, since he's the one who introduced sin and death into humans, so guess again.
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""

User Info: fudrick

fudrick
6 years ago#46
OrangeWizard posted...
Satan killed everyone else that God didn't kill, since he's the one who introduced sin and death into humans, so guess again.

Which means it's only thanks to him that you or I even exist at all, lol.
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious

User Info: mystic belmont

mystic belmont
6 years ago#47

And how many would that be?
Again I must reiterate that I did not plagiarize twice, I copied two assignments once. - tuffguy34
[Evil Republican]

OrangeWizard
6 years ago#48

And how many would that be?

No clue.

How many people have ever died on this earth?

Now subtract 2 million from that.

There you go.

User Info: Master Cilander

Master Cilander
6 years ago#49
fudrick posted...
Master Cilander posted...
Things born of civilization are mostly artificial, and are mostly evil. It's just the way it has been since man has lived in cities.

Yeah, just compare the civilized and uncivilized portions of the world. No one in the uncivilized parts ever does any thing evil! I mean, there are no cannibalistic or murderous tribes or anything like that!

Actually they're still part of the fallen world.

You literally know nothing about what I'm talking about do you? You don't even belong in the same conversation as me.
I make it look easy.

User Info: mystic belmont

mystic belmont
6 years ago#50
Actually, God is not without fault. had he not created man with the chance to sin, or created man with curiosity, or allowed satan to trick man, this might not have happened.
Again I must reiterate that I did not plagiarize twice, I copied two assignments once. - tuffguy34
[Evil Republican]
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Why does God let good things happen to atheists and bad things to religious ppl?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived