This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Its all a load of

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Its all a load of

User Info: FlashOfLight

FlashOfLight
6 years ago#21
mrplainswalker posted...
Belief doesn't necessarily entail doubt. I consider knowledge to be justified belief. My belief in China is justified. Therefore, I don't really doubt it.

I still say that differs greatly from, for example "The Great Wall of China was built thousands of years ago" to "China's largest city covers an area of 2,000 square miles"

I can only have a belief about when the Great Wall of China was built, but I can't know it. I can still according to knowledge be justified in that belief, but I can doubt it because it is something automatically removed from my ability to absolutely confirm that knowledge.

I can know if a city is China's largest, because it is something I can establish without doubt.

I'm not trying to change your way of thinking, only expressing my alternative reasoning to yours.
Mattel Electronics presents... B-17 BOMBER

User Info: fudrick

fudrick
6 years ago#22
TheLichLord posted...
Pouring bottles of pure into the kool-aid vat.

Well I doubt he spent millions of dollars, but okay.

TheLichLord posted...
I got the impression that he did.

So what's the issue?
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious

User Info: TheLichLord

TheLichLord
6 years ago#23
fudrick posted...
Well I doubt he spent millions of dollars, but okay.

Are you doing "If it costs me X dollars for one hit and I multiply that but a random number for no reason..." math? To determine the price of a bottle of unspecified size in Brizal God knows how long ago at that?

fudrick posted...
So what's the issue?

Who said there was one? Though since you ask I believe the article showed atleast one child drinking the Jesus Juice. That's not very cool, imo.

But I brought up the LSD preacher because someone was like "....Drugs?" earlier in the topic.
GT: ChronicScorpio
1,000 points = 1 inch. How long is your gamer score? Current Score: 16"

fudrick
6 years ago#24
TheLichLord posted...
Are you doing "If it costs me X dollars for one hit and I multiply that but a random number for no reason..." math? To determine the price of a bottle of unspecified size in Brizal God knows how long ago at that?

No, I don't think so. I don't really know what math you're talking about to be honest. What I'm doing is knowing that it would cost an insane amount of money to either buy or produce "bottles of pure" LSD, unless by "bottles" you mean like eye drop "bottles" or something. The "millions" figure was rather arbitrary but I doubt it's much of an exaggeration.

The word "bottle" seems completely fake to me right now by the way.

Also, it couldn't have been too long ago. LSD was first synthesized well under a hundred years ago, and it must have been a lot more recent than that for this guy to be able to acquire so much. Not to mention that we'd take into account inflation and such. =P

TheLichLord posted...
Who said there was one? Though since you ask I believe the article showed atleast one child drinking the Jesus Juice. That's not very cool, imo.

Yeah, that's not good, though I suppose it depends on the age of the "child" and whether s/he knew what was going on.

TheLichLord posted...
But I brought up the LSD preacher because someone was like "....Drugs?" earlier in the topic.

Ah, I see. Well it's pretty interesting if this actually happened, though it definitely wouldn't be the first time psychedelic drugs were used in religious rituals.
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious

TheLichLord
6 years ago#25
No, I don't think so. I don't really know what math you're talking about to be honest. What I'm doing is knowing that it would cost an insane amount of money to either buy or produce "bottles of pure" LSD, unless by "bottles" you mean like eye drop "bottles" or something. The "millions" figure was rather arbitrary but I doubt it's much of an exaggeration.

This might not be the nicest way to put it but ummm... You have no idea what you're talking about, gotcha. Acid was never my thing but bottles, and yes you can get it in bottles if you know the right people, costs hundreds, not millions.

The word "bottle" seems completely fake to me right now by the way.

You think the hippy drug dealer at the phish concert is peeing on those postage stamps or something?

Also, it couldn't have been too long ago. LSD was first synthesized well under a hundred years ago, and it must have been a lot more recent than that for this guy to be able to acquire so much.

Well I must have read this article ten to fifteen years ago, and I want to say I was getting a very 80s vibe from it but I don't want to swear by that.

Not to mention that we'd take into account inflation and such. =P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Leonard_Pickard

Not so much inflation as that when this ring went down, they took almost all LSD with them. I imagine that had an impact on the street price.

fudrick
6 years ago#26
TheLichLord posted...
This might not be the nicest way to put it but ummm... You have no idea what you're talking about, gotcha. Acid was never my thing but bottles, and yes you can get it in bottles if you know the right people, costs hundreds, not millions.

Well, since you don't want to specify what type of bottles you're talking about, I'll just assume that you're talking about tiny bottles filled with diluted LSD (even though you already said it was pure) instead of assuming that you are ignorant on this subject.

TheLichLord posted...
You think the hippy drug dealer at the phish concert is peeing on those postage stamps or something?

Uh what?

TheLichLord posted...
Well I must have read this article ten to fifteen years ago, and I want to say I was getting a very 80s vibe from it but I don't want to swear by that.

Okay.

TheLichLord posted...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Leonard_Pickard

Not so much inflation as that when this ring went down, they took almost all LSD with them. I imagine that had an impact on the street price.

Well that was a joke, but did you even read the article you linked? It says they produced a kilogram every five weeks. Now, how many bottles do you think it takes to hold a kilogram of pure LSD? And how much money do you think these guys were making?
Best FCs:

TheLichLord
6 years ago#27
You know what? I'm not here to argue about drug culture, pricing, and all that other crap. Someone, more or less, challanged the notion of drugs influcing religion and I brought up an LSD cult. Lets leave it at that.

Oh, and PS.

Well that was a joke, but did you even read the article you linked? It says they produced a kilogram every five weeks. Now, how many bottles do you think it takes to hold a kilogram of pure LSD? And how much money do you think these guys were making?

Well since a kilogram of crystal LSD can make a few million hits of liquid blotter acid and is worth a tens of millions dollars and he actually had several labs running at once I'm guessing a ****ing **** load of money.

fudrick
6 years ago#28
TheLichLord posted...
You know what? I'm not here to argue about drug culture, pricing, and all that other crap.

Um, you started this argument about pricing, and I have no clue where you got the idea that we were arguing about drug culture. Was that your little "phish concert" comment? I don't even know what that is.

TheLichLord posted...
Well since a kilogram of crystal LSD can make a few million hits of liquid blotter acid and is worth a tens of millions dollars and he actually had several labs running at once I'm guessing a ****ing **** load of money.

So wait, a kilogram is worth tens of millions, yet a bottle is worth hundreds? You think a bottle of pure LSD weighs less than a tenth of a gram?

I'm not trying to be an assh*** about this, but for some reason you felt the need to call me out and try to insult me while not even reading your own links and making ridiculous claims that couldn't possibly be true.
Best FCs:

TheLichLord
6 years ago#29
And you're entire argument is "I don't buy that!". Okay, good for you. You don't have even the slightest idea what you're talking about but want to argue about it. Me? I don't have a very good idea myself, but I do have something of one. And more to the point, I have sources who have a very good idea, and frankly I asked him about your "millions of dollars" for a bottle comment and he laughed his ass off. Like I said, a "bottle" (which for all I know is indeed an industry standard measurement in the LSD trade) only costs hundreds of dollars. How many hundreds? No idea. How many hits is that? No idea. I've never been that in to it. But it's a far sight from millions, and I trust the guy who told me this. Even if he is one of those paranoid dumb asses who doesn't want me to admit he exists like you give a crap my brother used to sell sheets of acid <_<

Dude, it is not my fault when I said "Pouring bottles of pure." you imagined somebody with an oil drum full of LSD pouring it into a water tower or something. It probably was a fairly small bottle. "Hits" of this crap are measured by the microgram. And sorry if you feel insulted, but seriously dude. You're only argument is "I doubt that" and it's getting very annoying. With something like this "doubting" doesn't really change any of the facts.

fudrick
6 years ago#30
TheLichLord posted...
And you're entire argument is "I don't buy that!". Okay, good for you.

Um, no. My entire argument is that LSD is active at such low doses that an entire bottle of pure LSD would cost in the range of hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars. It was just a little offhand, half-joking comment at something I thought was just an exaggeration in the first place, and you decided to get all up in arms for whatever reason and get condescending about it.

TheLichLord posted...
You don't have even the slightest idea what you're talking about but want to argue about it.

I actually know exactly what I'm talking about. I used simple math based on the numbers you provided.

TheLichLord posted...
Me? I don't have a very good idea myself, but I do have something of one. And more to the point, I have sources who have a very good idea, and frankly I asked him about your "millions of dollars" for a bottle comment and he laughed his ass off. Like I said, a "bottle" (which for all I know is indeed an industry standard measurement in the LSD trade) only costs hundreds of dollars. How many hundreds? No idea. How many hits is that? No idea. I've never been that in to it. But it's a far sight from millions, and I trust the guy who told me this. Even if he is one of those paranoid dumb asses who doesn't want me to admit he exists like you give a crap my brother used to sell sheets of acid <_<

Cool, so you trust this guy enough to believe that a full bottle of pure LSD weighs less than a tenth of a gram.

TheLichLord posted...
Dude, it is not my fault when I said "Pouring bottles of pure." you imagined somebody with an oil drum full of LSD pouring it into a water tower or something. It probably was a fairly small bottle.

No, I imagined something the size of a water bottle or a beer bottle like I assume any normal person would.

TheLichLord posted...
"Hits" of this crap are measured by the microgram.

Yeah, I know, usually around 100 micrograms, and that's why a bottle would be worth so much.

TheLichLord posted...
And sorry if you feel insulted, but seriously dude.

I don't feel insulted. That's why I said you "tried" to insult me. In reality, it's just kind of funny that you think you're making sense when you say a bottle of pure LSD would weigh under a tenth of a gram.

TheLichLord posted...
You're only argument is "I doubt that" and it's getting very annoying. With something like this "doubting" doesn't really change any of the facts.

Where did you get this from? What am I doubting? I even used the exact values you gave in your post when doing my math, so I don't see what you could be referring to.
Best FCs:
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Its all a load of

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived