This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pastor orders own gay son beaten up.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Pastor orders own gay son beaten up.

User Info: Bass_X0

Bass_X0
6 years ago#1
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2011/10/04/pastor-orders-his-flock-to-beat-gay-couple-arriving-at-church/

No one would be surprised to learn that there are right-wing Christians in this country who disapprove of homosexuality. Neither would it come as a surprise that in rural parts of this country, Christianity and homosexuality when brought together, can create a highly combustible mix.

But who could imagine the hate and rage that would motivate a Pastor to instruct deacons and members of his congregation, Grace Fellowship Church in Fruitland, TN. to physically attack a couple arriving in the church parking lot last Wednesday?

The fact that one of the gay men attacked happened to be the Pastor’s own son, Jerry Pittman, Jr., no doubt contributed to Pittman senior’s noxious edict. According to Pittman Jr., after hearing his Dad yell, “SICK’EM!:”

“My uncle and two other deacons came over to the car per my dad’s request. My uncle smashed me in the door as the other deacon knocked my boyfriend back so he couldn’t help me, punching him in his face and his chest. The other deacon came and hit me through my car window in my back.”

The attackers also verbally assaulted the couple continually with anti-gay verbiage which continued even after a Sheriff’s Deputy arrived on the scene. Bystanders and other congregants made no effort to stop the assault. For that matter, neither did the Deputy Sheriff. Once the barrage of punches ended, the Deputy refused to let the two victims press charges.

Jerry Pittman Jr. and his boyfriend, Dustin Lee, have since filed charges against two of the men who beat them as well as Pastor Jerry Pittman. A hearing has been scheduled in Gibson County Court for Tuesday, October 4th.

One can’t help but wonder if Pastor Pittman really thinks Jesus would back him up on this assault?

Whats wrong with the world?

You don't order your enemies beaten up whatever they have done or however you feel about them.
"History always favors the victor at the expense of the truth."

User Info: Hustle Kong

Hustle Kong
6 years ago#2
Ugh. Anyone who would attack, or tell others to attack someone are pretty rotten people.
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.

User Info: Icymane_Shado

Icymane_Shado
6 years ago#3
Sounds horrible.

I don't see what relevance it has to the immorality of homosexuality though.

User Info: TheRealJiraiya

TheRealJiraiya
6 years ago#4
Disgusting.

This is the most anti Christian act Ive seen in awhile.
"An idealist is one who, on noticing that a rose smells better than a cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup." -H.L. Mencken

User Info: Bass_X0

Bass_X0
6 years ago#5
Icymane_Shado posted...

If his son wasn't gay, the dad wouldn't have had him beaten up.
"History always favors the victor at the expense of the truth."

User Info: TheRealJiraiya

TheRealJiraiya
6 years ago#6
Bass X posted...
Icymane_Shado posted...

I think Shado's point, and I agree, is that the action was founded more in a nasty bigotry than in a sincerely held religious belief.
"An idealist is one who, on noticing that a rose smells better than a cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup." -H.L. Mencken

Icymane_Shado
6 years ago#7
Bass X posted...
Icymane_Shado posted...

True. But what is the logical conclusion we're supposed to get from this?

User Info: shockwavejim

shockwavejim
6 years ago#8
True. But what is the logical conclusion we're supposed to get from this?

Don't let Christians know you're gay or you'll get beaten up?
nulla servitus turpior est quam voluntaria

User Info: fudrick

fudrick
6 years ago#9
The logical conclusion you should come to is that christians who wouldn't behave like this should speak out against those that do, if they don't want to be lumped into the same group.
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious

Icymane_Shado
6 years ago#10
fudrick posted...
The logical conclusion you should come to is that christians who wouldn't behave like this should speak out against those that do, if they don't want to be lumped into the same group.

"Hey atheists, if you don't speak out against Hitler, Stalin and Mao Tse-Tung then I'm going to equate you to them."
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Pastor orders own gay son beaten up.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived