This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

12 year old tortured to cure his homosexuality

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. 12 year old tortured to cure his homosexuality

User Info: TheRealJiraiya

TheRealJiraiya
6 years ago#11
JamesB0ndOO7 posted...
Also, before you get on your atheist high horse: secular (mostly communist) countries have been torturing, imprisoning, and killing people for their faith for years.

So have Christian nations.

So has every danged nation.

There will always be evil people and evil people will always find a banner, reason, or excuse (whether its political or religious or whatever) to do evil things for evil reasons.

This is not a Christian problem or an atheist problem or a Muslim problem or a Buddhist problem or a liberal problem or a conservative problem. This is a human problem, and we need to be better about not allowing the evil in the world to create more divisions between the good.
"An idealist is one who, on noticing that a rose smells better than a cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup." -H.L. Mencken

User Info: JamesB0ndOO7

JamesB0ndOO7
6 years ago#12
Why was that post directed at me?
There's no shame in being ashamed of yourself ~TheGeneralPublic
I love plenty of men. ~the hedonist

User Info: TheRealJiraiya

TheRealJiraiya
6 years ago#13
JamesB0ndOO7 posted...
Why was that post directed at me?

It was an addition, not a disagreement. Also, I like responding to you cuz were buds.
"An idealist is one who, on noticing that a rose smells better than a cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup." -H.L. Mencken
the final bahamut 6 years ago#14
Jiraya, regardless of how you feel about these people, you cannot deny that they, and people like them, are motivated by their religion. Doing so would be the utmost lunacy. You and others like you interpret your religion differently, and this is good, but this does not change the fact that others have a different interpretation, and that there's have been the accepted interpretation for far, far longer than tours have been around.
E ys Bahamut! oui risyhc puna sa! Oui uvvaht sa cahcac!!!
DISCLAIMER: I'm not accountable for this post. I don't know English I just hit keys at random.

User Info: Nerevar

Nerevar
6 years ago#15
How do you defend a belief system when it spawns this?

Usually they simply deny that it's the actual belief system that leads to things like this and instead place the blame on misinterpretation.

Because owning up to the bad parts of one's religion isn't something Jesus would do.
NYG 3-1

User Info: sthater

sthater
6 years ago#16
Jiraiya if only ever "Christian" were a person like yourself. But they aren't. But I don't think you can really ignore the fact that, in the U.S. at least, there is a very real correlation between between homophobia and those who identify as Christians. Now again the key word there is correlation which is not causation. But again in the U.S. if someone is being homophobic then they most likely identify as Christian. And it's unfortunate but stuff like this and Lawrence King and Matthew Shepard(if you don't know both of these kids were killed because they were gay... yeah) really does happen. So I'm sure you could appreciate why those of who aren't straight or don't conform to all gender norms would be a little more hesitant to tell a Christian about that.
http://freeblago.forumotion.com/
If you come show some courtesy, some sympathy, and some taste.

User Info: Burning_WolfX

Burning_WolfX
6 years ago#17
I was hoping to God that this was going to be in some backwards, barbaric third-world hellhole, because I figured even fundamentalists in America could be civilized enough to not pull this crap. I am beyond disappoint.
Proud member of the Valiant Brawlers. Brawl code: 3050-9471-7656
Currently playing: Brawl, Okami

User Info: El_Rez78

El_Rez78
6 years ago#18
Evil people do evil things. People (in America) have been raped and tortured by people that hold no religious belief. I could argue using your ridiculous logic that if people had religion theyd have morals to not do these things, but their lack of faith made them do it or some nonsense. The reason all these other stories dont get posted here is because "atheism" is not a belief system. However, when someone tortures in the name of Christ then it gets posted here as a chance to slam religious ideology.

I can guarantee you 100% that this man wasnt motivated by religion, he was motivated by the fact that he just likes to torture people and used "religion" as his excuse.
It's all goooood

User Info: Hustle Kong

Hustle Kong
6 years ago#19
"You're right of course. But I'm just VERY VERY ANGRY and I'm not exactly rational when I'm like that."

This is when it's most important to say nothing, and work on calming down.

And I really do feel that homophobia has been justified, not caused by religion.
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.

User Info: CanadianOkapi

CanadianOkapi
6 years ago#20
El_Rez78 posted...
I can guarantee you 100% that this man wasnt motivated by religion, he was motivated by the fact that he just likes to torture people and used "religion" as his excuse.

If he just wanted to torture his son, would he need that excuse?
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. 12 year old tortured to cure his homosexuality

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived