This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

12 year old tortured to cure his homosexuality

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. 12 year old tortured to cure his homosexuality

User Info: TheRealJiraiya

TheRealJiraiya
6 years ago#111
the final bahamut posted...
What would it take for you to follow him?

I've got a God, but what it would take for me to like a God would be that it would care about all people everywhere at all times. Whatever God you follow, this is clearly not the case.

You said "like" rather than "follow".

Do you dislike your God? I remember a Jew here saying they did, but I dont remember if it was you or not.
"An idealist is one who, on noticing that a rose smells better than a cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup." -H.L. Mencken
the final bahamut 6 years ago#112
You said "like" rather than "follow".

Do you dislike your God? I remember a Jew here saying they did, but I dont remember if it was you or not.

That would be me, and while I do not particularly dislike my God, "like" is too positive a word for what I feel. I used to have deep dislike for my God, but I've somewhat softened in my position. I realized that
A) I do indeed love the world that this God made, and even though there's many things I disagree with, I love the world that my God made too much to hate my God.
and
B) It's unfair of me to dislike my God based on my moral objections. My God operates on a completely different level of existence, and I simply don't know enough about how It perceives the world to pass any sort of judgement.

and

C) I don't know if my God really is omnipotent/scient. Maybe it was never It that claimed these characteristics. If that's true, then maybe I could yet love and feel sympathy for my God.
E ys Bahamut! oui risyhc puna sa! Oui uvvaht sa cahcac!!!
DISCLAIMER: I'm not accountable for this post. I don't know English I just hit keys at random.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. 12 year old tortured to cure his homosexuality

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived