This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

12 year old tortured to cure his homosexuality

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. 12 year old tortured to cure his homosexuality

User Info: avonT

avonT
6 years ago#21
Scumbag Christian dad: catches you looking at nude magazine, beats you up because you DIDN'T have impure thoughts
Official Priest of the Temples of Syrinx.

User Info: chukie_sue

chukie_sue
6 years ago#22

How do you defend a belief system when it spawns this? Even if it's a perversion of the belief system...it still causes it. It is still THE reason people are brought up to be less than people.

And what about all the mothers of children who grew up to be murderers? Even if it wasn't the mother who murdered , she still caused it.

I'm somewhat curious as to what higher moral principles you have as an atheist to justify your condemnation of this act...

Anyway, the guy looks like he's doing better. Glad to see that at least... I'm somewhat more inclined to pray for the father instead of the son though.

For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil.

Ecclesiastes 12:14
"I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born." - Ronald Reagan

User Info: Hikaru-X

Hikaru-X
6 years ago#23
12s a little young to have a sexuality i fell in love at 13 and half. Also gay kids get picked on all the time so hate probably isnt something new for him but try curing them in a NON torturing way.
Those who break the rules are low lives but those who abandon their friends are even lower than that-Obito Uchiha

User Info: Suibom

Suibom
6 years ago#24
This story turned my stomach. I can't believe how badly he was treated. That's not religion or lack of religion. That's just sadism being given a track to run on.
If honor be your clothing, the suit will last a lifetime; but if clothing be your honor, it will soon be worn threadbare.~ William Arnot

User Info: ledzepfan15

ledzepfan15
6 years ago#25
I'm somewhat curious as to what higher moral principles you have as an atheist to justify your condemnation of this act...

The child's rights are being infringed upon in severely harmful ways.
"If you think, you are late. If you are late, you use strength. If you use strength, you tire. And if you tire, you die." - Saulo Ribeiro

avonT
6 years ago#26
Hikaru-X posted...
12s a little young to have a sexuality i fell in love at 13 and half.

....lol?

User Info: fudrick

fudrick
6 years ago#27
El_Rez78 posted...
Evil people do evil things. People (in America) have been raped and tortured by people that hold no religious belief. I could argue using your ridiculous logic that if people had religion theyd have morals to not do these things, but their lack of faith made them do it or some nonsense. The reason all these other stories dont get posted here is because "atheism" is not a belief system. However, when someone tortures in the name of Christ then it gets posted here as a chance to slam religious ideology.

I can guarantee you 100% that this man wasnt motivated by religion, he was motivated by the fact that he just likes to torture people and used "religion" as his excuse.

Find me a single case of someone doing something like this and citing the fact that they did not believe in god as their motivation and justification, and I'll take this argument seriously.

chukie_sue posted...

Are you saying that since we don't believe in god, we should have no right to an opinion on right and wrong, and that we shouldn't be able to condemn things we feel are very wrong?
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious

User Info: Ininja2000

Ininja2000
6 years ago#28
Find me a single case of someone doing something like this and citing the fact that they did not believe in god as their motivation and justification, and I'll take this argument seriously.

I think you missed his point. If you look at the vast majority of rapists/murderers/etc. they will not be Christians. No one uses these to condemn atheism or whatever belief system they adopted to justify what they did.

Then one guy comes up, claiming Christianity as his motivation (where if you actually read the bible you'd know this isn't God's will) and everybody wants to slam Christianity.

You also take the one bad apple out of all the loving, kind, Christian parents and use it to say:

"Look at all the hate Christianity causes, the world would be better off without it."

It's a hypocritical argument that uses the law of small numbers rather than the law of large numbers.
For the wages of sin is death but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. ~ Romans 6:23

User Info: fudrick

fudrick
6 years ago#29
Ininja2000 posted...
I think you missed his point. If you look at the vast majority of rapists/murderers/etc. they will not be Christians.

Why do you believe this?

Ininja2000 posted...
No one uses these to condemn atheism or whatever belief system they adopted to justify what they did.

Atheism isn't a belief system, but again if you find someone who cites his atheism as the motivation and justification for some atrocity this would be a better point.

Ininja2000 posted...
Then one guy comes up, claiming Christianity as his motivation (where if you actually read the bible you'd know this isn't God's will) and everybody wants to slam Christianity.

Yes, one guy. This is the only time a christian has done something harmful to someone else using christianity as his justification.

Ininja2000 posted...
You also take the one bad apple out of all the loving, kind, Christian parents and use it to say:

"Look at all the hate Christianity causes, the world would be better off without it."

It's a hypocritical argument that uses the law of small numbers rather than the law of large numbers.

Where did I say anything like that? Massive strawman.
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious

avonT
6 years ago#30
I think you missed his point. If you look at the vast majority of rapists/murderers/etc. they will not be Christians

Source?
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. 12 year old tortured to cure his homosexuality

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived