This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

12 year old tortured to cure his homosexuality

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. 12 year old tortured to cure his homosexuality

User Info: Patriotwolf

Patriotwolf
6 years ago#31
This is a horrible thing, and no one should ever allow it. The Bible does condemn homosexuality, but we don't go around cutting off the tongues of liars and the hands of thieves.

The Tc makes the mistake of thinking that this person somehow represents all or even a chunk of a religion, and that somehow nothing horrible would happen in the world if religion didn't exist. Both of which are fallacies
"You're just one big headache, and I got a pistol full of aspirin"
"Who cares if you screw others?"-1337toothbrush

User Info: Ininja2000

Ininja2000
6 years ago#32
Source?

Do I really need one? You're beating around the bush which is that there are equally many horrible things done by people who don't claim a religion as their motivation.

Not to mention the bible condemns murder, rape, etc. (including what this man did to his son.)
For the wages of sin is death but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. ~ Romans 6:23

User Info: fudrick

fudrick
6 years ago#33
Ininja2000 posted...
Do I really need one?

Yes, you do need a source if you are going to claim that "the vast majority" of murders and rapes are committed by people who are not part of a group that includes about a third of the world population.

Ininja2000 posted...
Not to mention the bible condemns murder, rape, etc. (including what this man did to his son.)

Err, no. The bible doesn't condemn rape.
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious

User Info: ledzepfan15

ledzepfan15
6 years ago#34
I think you missed his point. If you look at the vast majority of rapists/murderers/etc. they will not be Christians

The empirical data on this subject disagrees with you.
"If you think, you are late. If you are late, you use strength. If you use strength, you tire. And if you tire, you die." - Saulo Ribeiro

User Info: Nerevar

Nerevar
6 years ago#35
I think you missed his point. If you look at the vast majority of rapists/murderers/etc. they will not be Christians.

Considering just how many Christians there are in the world, I'd certainly like to see some citation for this claim.
NYG 3-1

User Info: Patriotwolf

Patriotwolf
6 years ago#36
ledzepfan15 posted...
I think you missed his point. If you look at the vast majority of rapists/murderers/etc. they will not be Christians

The empirical data on this subject disagrees with you.

A better thing to say would be religiously motivated I think
"You're just one big headache, and I got a pistol full of aspirin"
"Who cares if you screw others?"-1337toothbrush

User Info: gamesrgreat

gamesrgreat
6 years ago#37

There are good people and bad people in every ideology. Religion just gives them an excuse to organize. Believing theres anything morally superior about atheists or atheism seems wrong to me.

Yeah there are good and bad people in every ideology. However, Christianity claims to change people's lives. People claim to have God's love which makes them good people. When Christianity is no different from any other ideology, why should we believe it?
The Miami Heat

User Info: Ininja2000

Ininja2000
6 years ago#38
Yeah there are good and bad people in every ideology. However, Christianity claims to change people's lives. People claim to have God's love which makes them good people. When Christianity is no different from any other ideology, why should we believe it?

Because there's a difference between people who really know Jesus and live by what he taught, and those who would take scripture out of context to make themselves feel justified.

Jesus said Himself that many would claim Him as Lord who would not be.

"'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me." - Mathew 15:8

"Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’" - Mathew 7:21-23

"If you love me, you will obey what I command." - John 14:5

"Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. (16) You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? (17) Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. (18) A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. (19) Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. (20) Therefore by their fruits you will know them." - Matthew 7:15-20
For the wages of sin is death but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. ~ Romans 6:23

User Info: gamesrgreat

gamesrgreat
6 years ago#39
I am aware of those verses. Doesn't change a thing
The Miami Heat

User Info: SSj4Wingzero

SSj4Wingzero
6 years ago#40
People claim to have God's love which makes them good people.

There are no good people - there are only saved people and unsaved people, but even those who are saved are evil people who are undeserving of it.

I am aware of those verses. Doesn't change a thing

Umm...how doesn't it? If these people are claiming to be Christians yet are acting in direct defiance of the principles and teaching of Jesus Christ, how DOESN'T that change something? Wouldn't it be these people's claim to Christianity that should be disputed, and not Christianity itself?
Not changing this sig until the Knicks win an NBA Championship! Started 4/3/2011
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. 12 year old tortured to cure his homosexuality

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived