This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So what's with Jesus cursing the fig tree?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. So what's with Jesus cursing the fig tree?

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
6 years ago#11

What if someone already picked the fruit?

I'm pretty sure Jesus shares at least a bit of God's omniscience.
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops

User Info: YingYang123

YingYang123
6 years ago#12
I was being facetious.
http://www.last.fm/user/HetlerSketler
Where are the cartographers of human purpose?

OrangeWizard
6 years ago#13
I'll show you facetious.
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""

User Info: Dagorha

Dagorha
6 years ago#14
So uh... Jesus cursed a tree simply because it wasn't a viable tree in order to make a point about people themselves? Seems a little conveluted.
You don't get a gold star for being less bloody stupid than another bloody stupid person when you are still demonstrably bloody stupid. -the final bahamut

User Info: TheRealJiraiya

TheRealJiraiya
6 years ago#15
Dagorha posted...
So uh... Jesus cursed a tree simply because it wasn't a viable tree in order to make a point about people themselves? Seems a little conveluted.

Its his tree, if he wants to kill it to make a point I certainly dont have a problem with that.
"An idealist is one who, on noticing that a rose smells better than a cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup." -H.L. Mencken

OrangeWizard
6 years ago#16
Even if it wasn't his tree, I wouldn't have a problem with that. It's an impotent tree. What else is it good for, shade?

Dagorha
6 years ago#17
TheRealJiraiya posted...
Dagorha posted...

Its his tree, if he wants to kill it to make a point I certainly dont have a problem with that.

It is an extremely childish action.
You don't get a gold star for being less bloody stupid than another bloody stupid person when you are still demonstrably bloody stupid. -the final bahamut

OrangeWizard
6 years ago#18
You are extremely childish for not getting it.

Dagorha
6 years ago#19
OrangeWizard posted...
You are extremely childish for not getting it.

Oh i get it. Still childish.

OrangeWizard
6 years ago#20
Whatever helps you sleep at night, I guess.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. So what's with Jesus cursing the fig tree?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived