The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many of you left religion and miss it?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. How many of you left religion and miss it?

User Info: Kaynes_Arse

Kaynes_Arse
4 years ago#1
I really do miss going to church sometimes. I don't give two hoots about the ideologies of it all anymore, but I miss the sense of community I felt when I was a church-goer. I still have friends from my old church that I still talk to, but it isn't the same. When I left, it felt like something in those relationships changed for the worst.
When you are going through Hell, keep going.

User Info: kozlo100

kozlo100
4 years ago#2
There are churches of several denominations that I sometimes attend as an atheist, and am perfectly welcomed into the community. If you really miss going to services, I imagine there's a church somewhere near you that would be glad to have you attend on your terms.
The problem, then, is that if subjective worlds are experienced too differently, there occurs a breakdown in communication. -- Philip K. Dick

User Info: hamsandwich3141

hamsandwich3141
4 years ago#3
I miss the art and architecture. I could never pay attention to the words when I went to mass with my family (unless it was strictly a story, as opposed to a prayer or real preaching or whatnot), I was always too distracted by the stained glass windows and the awesome architecture.
I only have a signature so I can type my posts in CAPS LOCK.

User Info: Thuggernautz

Thuggernautz
4 years ago#4
I have found plenty of other communities to involve myself with, so no I don't really miss it.

User Info: Moorish_Idol

Moorish_Idol
4 years ago#5
The only thing I really miss are the friends who demonized me. Most were accepting, but there's a few that have never spoken to me since, presumably out of spite.
Ezekiel 23:20

User Info: Resident Weevil

Resident Weevil
4 years ago#6
Thuggernautz posted...
I have found plenty of other communities to involve myself with, so no I don't really miss it.

This
HP and MP restored!
...but you're still hungry

User Info: Lord_Ichmael

Lord_Ichmael
4 years ago#7
I miss nothing. Good riddance...

User Info: Hustle Kong

Hustle Kong
4 years ago#8
I've never been a big community guy, and my family rarely went to church.
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.

User Info: Fingerpuppet

Fingerpuppet
4 years ago#9
I miss it dearly, but not enough for me to reject reason.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/214-paranormal-conspiracy/63352960#16
The greatest shut down ever.

User Info: Polish_Crusader

Polish_Crusader
4 years ago#10
The god of the bible has more reason than anything else. Do his will and you will get into heaven. Just like capitalism, except a lot less suffering and everybody gets rewards.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. How many of you left religion and miss it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived