This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The history of your conversions

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. The history of your conversions

User Info: Lord_Ichmael

Lord_Ichmael
4 years ago#1
What with the two topics today, one conversion and one de-conversion, it got me wondering. What various beliefs/non-beliefs have all of you gone through in your life?

Me:

Catholic (raised Catholic, was one until age 12 and 7 months) > Non-denominational Christian (~3 months) > Angstheist (~2 years) > Atheist (~5 years) > (Atheist-leaning) Post-theist (2 years and counting)

User Info: DarkContractor

DarkContractor
4 years ago#2
basic theist (idk the word, just belief in some God), birth to age 13, fourteen, agnostic, fifteen to 20, strong atheist, Christian for half a year, and as of last night, agnostic atheist.
www.youtube.com/user/MisterPillow An apologetics channel on the Christian faith (And I'm better looking than Proudclad)

User Info: GBALoser

GBALoser
4 years ago#3
Let's see...

Non-denominational Christian till 10 > Presbyterian (some smatterings of Catholicism thanks to an uncle) ~ 4 years > Assembly of God ~ 1 year> Nihilism ~ 2 months > Assembly of God ~ 6 months > Methodist ~3 months > Lutheran ~ 2 years > Agnostic ~ 6 years > Deist ~ 4 years
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman

User Info: WelshGamer82

WelshGamer82
4 years ago#4
Atheist -> Theist of some description -> Evangelical Christian
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/7020/jesustwitter.jpg
On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand. < ><

User Info: mercurydude

mercurydude
4 years ago#5
Raised Christian (Baptist or non-denominational at times) > Dabbled in Wicca in early teens > Angstheist during mid-teens > Converted to Buddhism at 17 (a little more than ten years ago) and that's the path I've been on ever since. I've never really chosen a particular tradition in Buddhism, just read a little bit of everything. As I get older, I find I'm more and more influenced by Zen, though.
"I am going to light a fire in Paradise and pour water on Hell, so that both veils completely vanish." - Rabia Al-'Adawiyya

User Info: hunter_gohan

hunter_gohan
4 years ago#6
Catholic from birth to 14 > Wiccan ~year > Atheist
The food that stands on his [Odin's] table he gives to two wolves of his called Geri and Freki. He himself needs no food; wine is for him both drink and meat.
(message deleted)

User Info: Moorish_Idol

Moorish_Idol
4 years ago#8
Raised Baptist Christian ~20 years >>> Atheist ~2 years >>> Deist since and counting

User Info: almasbaby

almasbaby
4 years ago#9
Catholic - Bhakti Yoga - Zen - Theist

User Info: JonWood007

JonWood007
4 years ago#10
Raised Lutheran, went to catholic school when I was 11-14, stayed Lutheran, went to a fundamentalist Christian school 14-18 and picked up a lot of their beliefs. I literally thought the world was made in 6 days at one point.

In college I mellowed out a lot, combination of being exposed to other worldviews, taking some electives in Bible (since I did not know what I was gonna major in going in and felt around a bit). Became a moderate Christian more in line with my original Lutheran beliefs between 19-24 or so. Eventually at 24 I deconverted to agnostic atheism. With everything going on, it just felt intellectually dishonest to consider myself a Christian. I'm 25 now, whether I'll ever convert back remains to be seen, but honestly, at the very least, no intellectual argument has impressed me. Open to new evidence now though.
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 4 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HD | W7 | 1366x768
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. The history of your conversions

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived