This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The history of your conversions

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. The history of your conversions

User Info: chukie_sue

chukie_sue
4 years ago#21
Agnostic - 18 years
Christian - 17 years

Of those 17 years, the first 5 were spent as a Charismaniac (a fundy charismatic)

Just out of curiosity, are you a cessationist now?
"Christ is with those of humble mind, not with those who exalt themselves over his flock." -St. Clement of Rome.

User Info: Matamori

Matamori
4 years ago#22
Christian- age 5 - present
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.

User Info: LastManStanding

LastManStanding
4 years ago#23
What I learned that after Confirmation people dive sometimes, because there is an assumption that they know it all, whatever all is. Such a big mistake, when getting Holy Spirit at Confirmation, this is a perfect time to to really build up the faith...
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000

User Info: WhereDidItGo

WhereDidItGo
4 years ago#24
I was an apathetic atheist growing up, with a small interest in Wicca that developed in high school. Became a Christian when I was 24 and joined a non-denominational charismatic church that I stayed at for 5 years. Over time I found myself having more and more theological disagreements with that church, so I sampled a few other denominations to see what they were about. I attended a Baptist church for about 2 years, but left there over disagreements as well. Finally I attended and joined the Catholic church and have been a devoted Catholic for almost 3 years now.
"The madman is not the man who has lost his reason. The madman is the man who has lost everything except his reason." - G.K. Chesterton

User Info: Suibom

Suibom
4 years ago#25
chukie_sue posted...
Agnostic - 18 years
Christian - 17 years

Of those 17 years, the first 5 were spent as a Charismaniac (a fundy charismatic)

Just out of curiosity, are you a cessationist now?

No. Very much so a Continuationist.

Just now, I'm just not so hung up on health, wealth, and chandelier-swinging.
"Indeed these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him!
But the thunder of His power who can understand." - Job 24:14

User Info: Cubbiesboy22

Cubbiesboy22
4 years ago#26
Catholic 0-22 Agnostic Atheist 22-now

User Info: Blue_Dream87

Blue_Dream87
4 years ago#27
Secular Childhood > Few short periods 'practicing' Islam, Christianity, and Shintoism (11-12) > Angstheist because of a direct rejection of Christianity > Interest in Taoism & practiced Buddhism, became a theist believing in a Tao-like entity > Became involved in the Baha'i Faith and absorbed some wisdom > Sorted out all of this knowledge & wisdom, and drew a conclusion to a sorta pantheistic God
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l1/Dwarkyzidez/deeath.jpg
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l1/Dwarkyzidez/sloth.png

User Info: Auron772

Auron772
4 years ago#28
Been an atheist my entire life. The greatest gift my parents ever gave me was not bringing me to church when I was younger. I like to think that because of this I never closed my mind to all the possibilities out there and I demand evidence for every world view.
"I have two rules I follow. The first, never kill someone without a reason. The second, you can always find a reason to kill someone." - Saren

User Info: kts123

kts123
4 years ago#29
Very non-denominational Christian: birth to 15.
Atheist: 15 to 21.
Christian: 21 to now.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. The history of your conversions

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived