This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Easter - why are we celebrating the resurrection of Jesus with chocolate candy?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Easter - why are we celebrating the resurrection of Jesus with chocolate candy?

User Info: Ricemills

Ricemills
4 years ago#31
According to what i learn back there in my school: the egg symbolizing Jesus "fake death" state, where there is a life inside the egg even though it's look like an inanimate object.
Although this was a misconception, since an egg is not a chicken's fetus, but it's.. ...uh, egg cell? Or maybe period is a better word?
And for the chocolate, it's simply because it's a celebration.
You have the right to remain silent, anything you post will be misquoted, then used against you.

User Info: childofdelight

childofdelight
4 years ago#32
Rabbits, eggs, fertility, Dionysis, etc.
//I`*'\;:;:;/'*`*`{ ~ Love and Light ~ }`*`*'\;:;:;/'*`I\Y/I`'*|~P L~\*'`'I\\
|]I'*'`|:/\:|`'*n*'`{ ~ Blessed Be ~ } `'*u*'`|:/\:|`'*'I[ | ]I`'*|~U R~\*'`I[|

User Info: mercuryink

mercuryink
4 years ago#33
As a Jew, I was convinced Cadbury eggs were the best part of Christianity. Now that I'm a bit older, I've lost the knack for consuming excessive amounts of sugar that the twelve-year-old me had. But I still like those eggs every now and then.
Some people are proof that G-d exists; evolution would have prevented them.
New Jersey Devils -- Stanley Cup Champions -- 1995-2000-2003
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Easter - why are we celebrating the resurrection of Jesus with chocolate candy?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived