This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This guy gives the best arguments for gay marriage

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. This guy gives the best arguments for gay marriage

User Info: Faust_8

Faust_8
4 years ago#1
Props to AntiFun for making this topic on the Politics board, I'm really glad I know of this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/user/johncorvino?feature=watch

No ranting, just calm and incredibly rational debunking of the common anti-gay marriage arguments, often with reasoning I hadn't heard before but instantly knew it was what I was thinking at the time but couldn't articulate properly.
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
4 years ago#2
Is there anything new in there?

Because I think I speak for the religion board when I say "We've heard it all".
Trolling and making valid arguments are not mutually exclusive things.

User Info: lasthero

lasthero
4 years ago#3
Nothing all that new to you, probably no. Still, he's an enjoyable watch - funny, and he really does a good job getting the points out and elaborating.
X-Men: First Class RPG - Welcoming all new players!
[http://s1.zetaboards.com/New_Mutants/index/]

User Info: Beren

Beren
4 years ago#4
Any chance someone could recap the main points (even in bullet format)?
From the ashes a fire shall be woken; A light from the shadows shall spring.

User Info: Resident Weevil

Resident Weevil
4 years ago#5
Good stuff.

"he's like jesus. except less annoying and more actually existing."*

*a youtube comment
HP/MP restored!
...but you're still hungry

User Info: Polish_Crusader

Polish_Crusader
4 years ago#6
1.)The bible clearly states homosexuality is a sin (romans 1:26-32, and 1 corinithians 6:9)
2.)The bible clearly states that ANY sexual immorality before marriage (i.e. sexual activity) will take you away from the kingdom of God (ephesians 5:1-14). That means you burn in hell for it.
3.) The only way to have spiritually safe sex is within a marriage.
4.) By logical deduction from the previous 3 points, God will never honor a marriage that is made from sin (homosexuality). God will never bless any sexually immoral people (gay or straight). So whats the point in endorsing a legalized union of people that are hurting themselves spiritually?

Homosexuality is a sin. Homosexual marriage is not good. Its just that simple, folks. There is no "best argument" that can get around that.

User Info: GBALoser

GBALoser
4 years ago#7
Homosexuality is a sin. Homosexual marriage is not good. Its just that simple, folks. There is no "best argument" that can get around that.

Considering marriage is a function of the secular state, I'm less inclined to care what God thinks. If he sees it as a sin, fine, let him sort it out when they die. Until then, let people live their lives so long as they hurt no one else.
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman

User Info: Polish_Crusader

Polish_Crusader
4 years ago#8
GBALoser posted...

, I'm less inclined to care what God thinks.

Would you say that to gods face when you die? I think not.

Its the religion board. Please think before you post.

User Info: DarkContractor

DarkContractor
4 years ago#9
I want to make sure I'm hearing PC right. You're saying it should be illegal to have sex before marriage?
Steam: MrPillowTheGreat PSN: MrPillow92

User Info: GBALoser

GBALoser
4 years ago#10
Polish_Crusader posted...
GBALoser posted...

, I'm less inclined to care what God thinks.

Would you say that to gods face when you die? I think not.

Its the religion board. Please think before you post.

Considering I believe it's an issue between mortals, yes. The officiant at the wedding is required by law to say "By the power vested in me by the State of ______." The religious overtones are based on the faith you adhere to.

So yes, I consider marriage to be a mortal concern, not an eternal concern.
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. This guy gives the best arguments for gay marriage

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived