This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bible Verse Of The Day

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Bible Verse Of The Day

User Info: All4444Jesus

All4444Jesus
3 months ago#1
I plan going to start posting a passage of scripture every day.

That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.- Romans 10:9-10
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.- Romans 10:9

All4444Jesus
3 months ago#2
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. John 13:34
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.- Romans 10:9

All4444Jesus
3 months ago#3
Delight yourself also in the Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.- Psalm 37:4

User Info: dhalsimrocks

dhalsimrocks
3 months ago#4
All4444Jesus posted...

TC, out of curiosity, what do you think this verse is saying?
May all your disgraces be private

All4444Jesus
3 months ago#5
dhalsimrocks posted...
All4444Jesus posted...

TC, out of curiosity, what do you think this verse is saying?

Well lets first look at another passage of scripture and then I will discuss it.

Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?

“So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

“Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
-Matthew 6:25-33

Seek God first, and all these things will be added to you. If you are delighting yourself in the Lord your will lineup with His will, and you will desire the things God' desires. Now this does not necessarily mean He will make you a millionaire or give you a wife that looks like a supermodel as we will see in the next passage of scripture, but he will give you the things you need, and yes also bless you with things you desire, but as we will see in the next scripture this verse does not mean you automatically receive whatever ask for.

You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures.- James 4:3

So Psalm 37:4 should not be taken as I will receive whatever I want if I delight myself in God. He will supply your needs, and yes even bless you with some of your desires if your heart is focused on the things of God, but it does NOT mean I can desire or ask for anything I want, and get it.

User Info: dhalsimrocks

dhalsimrocks
3 months ago#6
So God will give you the desires of your heart if the desires of your heart are basic necessities?
May all your disgraces be private

User Info: Lord_Ichmael

Lord_Ichmael
3 months ago#7
I know God won't answer the "desires of your heart" if it's help/relief from a terrible situation in your life.

User Info: ManLink4321

ManLink4321
3 months ago#8
Lord_Ichmael posted...
I know God won't answer the "desires of your heart" if it's help/relief from a terrible situation in your life.

God answers/helps you every time you are in trouble, troll.
The Hero of Hyrule.
(edited 3 months ago)

All4444Jesus
3 months ago#9
Day 4 Bible Verse of the Day

For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.
- Isaiah 55:8-9

All4444Jesus
3 months ago#10
Day 5 Bible Verse of the Day

But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty; and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are, that no flesh should glory in His presence.- 1 Corinthians 1:27-29
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Bible Verse Of The Day

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.