This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Where exactly are the clobber verses on transgenderism?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Where exactly are the clobber verses on transgenderism?

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
4 months ago#51
So here are some verses that I believe help me to the conclusion that God does live on a timeline:

Genesis 22:12, where Abraham is about to kill his son, Issac, says: "Then he said: "Do not harm the boy, and do not do anything at all to him, for now I do know that you are God-fearing because you have not withheld your son, your only one, from me."

God didn't know something before, and now he does.

Genesis 18:20,21 says: "Then Jehovah said: "The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is indeed great, and their sin is very heavy. I will go down to see whether they are acting according to the outcry that has reached me. And if not, I can get to know it."

So God clearly doesn't know something, then he states that he'll go down and investigate.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCevfumG9WSyr165n84HfwRQ

User Info: omnichaos

omnichaos
4 months ago#52
I don't think they had a concept of transgenderism. Men were men and women were women. I think it's obvious that they would have an apocalyptical level of a problem with it though.

User Info: SockThief

SockThief
4 months ago#53
OrangeWizard posted...
They exercised their free will and made a conscious decision to do something contrary to God's will, or more accurately, to what he explicitly expressed that they should not do. Thus they sinned and became imperfect.

I agree with everything else you said so I only quoted this part. I guess what I'm having trouble reconciling on your perspective are "they sinned and became imperfect" and "perfect beings do not [sin]" from post 35. Maybe you don't see a contradiction there but do you understand why I do?

I thought I responded to this post a few days ago and just realized I never did, so that's why my response has been a bit slow.
I steal your sock.

SockThief
3 months ago#54
Bump
I steal your sock.

OrangeWizard
3 months ago#55
Oh, sorry. Thanks again for bumping.

SockThief posted...

I agree with everything else you said so I only quoted this part. I guess what I'm having trouble reconciling on your perspective are "they sinned and became imperfect" and "perfect beings do not [sin]" from post 35. Maybe you don't see a contradiction there but do you understand why I do?

I may have been unclear in post 35. The "perfect beings do not" was not meant to be understood as "perfect beings do not sin", but rather "perfect beings do not sin accidentally."

When perfect beings sin, they do so intentionally, but preferably, not at all.

SockThief
3 months ago#56
OrangeWizard posted...
I may have been unclear in post 35. The "perfect beings do not" was not meant to be understood as "perfect beings do not sin", but rather "perfect beings do not sin accidentally."

When perfect beings sin, they do so intentionally, but preferably, not at all.

So would we agree that Adam and Eve were originally perfect morally and bodily, but at the moment they chose to sin, they were no longer perfect in either of those ways? And so you say that the way we know God doesn't have a personal hand in the creation of human beings today is because human beings are born today without being bodily perfect?
I steal your sock.

OrangeWizard
3 months ago#57
SockThief posted...

So would we agree that Adam and Eve were originally perfect morally and bodily, but at the moment they chose to sin, they were no longer perfect in either of those ways?

Yes. God may have also removed something from them, at the moment when they disobeyed him.

And so you say that the way we know God doesn't have a personal hand in the creation of human beings today is because human beings are born today without being bodily perfect?

Yes.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Where exactly are the clobber verses on transgenderism?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived