This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I am a sinner

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. I am a sinner

User Info: OzymandiasIV

OzymandiasIV
2 months ago#31
YHWH_Saves posted...
I don't want to step on anyone's toes - those who have already provided answers - but I want to give you the clearest and most repeatable method of repentance.

Come to know the full expression of the Gospel. Become enraptured with the person of Jesus, who is the exhibits the full image and character of God.

If you try to tiptoe around sin in appeasement of some unknown, wrathful God, you will fall....repeatedly. However, if you learn who the Father is through the Son, you will learn to effortlessly obey the commands of God out of love, not fear.

I can read all that that Jesus says to, for example, not look with lust or to become angry. And my reverence for His word can continuously remain unchallenged. However, if I don't abide in His LOVE, then I will fall, time and time again.

Not to boast in anything other than in the Spirit of God, but I've recently become fully exposed to what I believe the ultimate "good news" is, and I have not even so much as been tempted to sin, despite it being a nearly constant force in my life prior.

Do you know what the Gospel is? There are hints in your words that possibly betray that you don't (and that's okay, it look me 5 years of CONSTANT study before I could claim that I do).

You know the "full expression" of the Gospel, you effortlessly obey God's word, your reverence for His word remains unchallenged, and you aren't even tempted by sin?

Aren't these claims about yourself nearly heretical? Everyone sins. Everyone is tempted. And you're boasting.
Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sort of good at something.

User Info: LinkFanatic

LinkFanatic
2 months ago#32
Lord_Ichmael posted...
These kinds of statements depress me.

*nods*
The first 2 forms of Cell flaunted his tail, like he's Ron Jeremy. But after he absorbed 18 his tail retracted and only seemed useful for reproducing. -Byron808

User Info: YHWH_Saves

YHWH_Saves
2 months ago#33
OzymandiasIV posted...
You know the "full expression" of the Gospel, you effortlessly obey God's word, your reverence for His word remains unchallenged, and you aren't even tempted by sin?

Aren't these claims about yourself nearly heretical? Everyone sins. Everyone is tempted. And you're boasting.

It is not boasting in myself. I was clear in that this is God's work, not mine.

But this is the gospel. The orthodox Christian claim is that Jesus is the Lamb of God who takes away (the Greek word is "lifts," as in "lifting the curse") the sin of the world.

I am not claiming perfection for myself, but what I am offering is REAL help. I struggle with sin ALOT, but when I fully embrace the Gospel, there is nothing remaining within that desires for sin, because I have been conditioned to seek only after God.

This is the witness of the apostles. It's not about "trying really hard" to not sin; it's about becoming so full of the Spirit of God that the desire for earthly drunkenness no longer has a vessel.

It's certainly not heretical.
"Man will not live off of bread alone, but by every word proceeding through the mouth of God." "You are not able to serve God and wealth.".

User Info: YHWH_Saves

YHWH_Saves
2 months ago#34
OzymandiasIV posted...
Everyone sins. Everyone is tempted. And you're boasting.

Also, another response for emphasis.

Everyone sins, but God does not. If we become indwelt by the Spirit of God, then we cannot sin.

"Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin."

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come."
"Man will not live off of bread alone, but by every word proceeding through the mouth of God." "You are not able to serve God and wealth.".

User Info: Hustle Kong

Hustle Kong
2 months ago#35
YHWH_Saves posted...
I struggle with sin ALOT

It’s “a lot”. One of the worst sins is writing “alot”!
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.

User Info: kozlo100

kozlo100
2 months ago#36
Hustle Kong posted...
YHWH_Saves posted...
I struggle with sin ALOT

It’s “a lot”. One of the worst sins is writing “alot”!

This helps: http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html
Time flies like the wind,
and fruit flies like a banana.

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
2 months ago#37
YHWH_Saves posted...

Everyone sins

So you do sin. Glad we cleared that up, Mr. Holy Vessel.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCevfumG9WSyr165n84HfwRQ

User Info: OzymandiasIV

OzymandiasIV
2 months ago#38
He said he doesn't even struggle with sin, which prompted my response, and he defends that position by saying he struggles with sin...
Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sort of good at something.

User Info: LinkFanatic

LinkFanatic
2 months ago#39
YHWH_Saves posted...
If we become indwelt by the Spirit of God, then we cannot sin.

Wait, what? Wouldn't that mean that every Christian ever is actually NOT a Christian, since everyone sins? O_O
The first 2 forms of Cell flaunted his tail, like he's Ron Jeremy. But after he absorbed 18 his tail retracted and only seemed useful for reproducing. -Byron808

User Info: Moorish_Idol

Moorish_Idol
2 months ago#40
I remember when YHWH_Saves first started posting here he claimed to be sinless. I was worried the second coming of Jesus had begun!!

Is lying still a sin if you've done it for so long you've convinced yourself it's true?
Not everything has to be about something.
Camofrog, Caroline, Chadder, Diana, Ketchup, Lyman, Olivia, Ruby, Shari
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. I am a sinner

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived