This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any movies with similar themes to "God's Not Dead," but actually good?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Any movies with similar themes to "God's Not Dead," but actually good?

User Info: ManLink4321

ManLink4321
4 months ago#31
Dagorha posted...
The booklet comes with the DVD case that comes with the movie. It says "This movie is based on real events that happened in a real college." There's your proof.

Based on a second (or third) hand account that may or may not actually reflect what actually happened. You do know what "based on" means, right? It doesn't mean that it is the truth, merely that it is inspired by it.

I mean Braveheart is based on actual events but it's relationship with the truth might as well be non-existent for how useful it is to educate people.

You have evidence that God's not dead isn't "inspired by the truth," right?
The Hero of Hyrule.

User Info: Ashethan

Ashethan
4 months ago#32
ManLink4321 posted...
You mean that you have no evidence "any of the events didn't actually happen," right?

You don't have any evidence you didn't rape someone?
Growing up, I wish some teacher told me "You probably won't ever need this, but if you don't learn it, you might miss out on something really cool."

User Info: Lord_Ichmael

Lord_Ichmael
4 months ago#33
ManLink is being deliberately disingenuous, just like all of his other posts. Discussion is futile.
(message deleted)

ManLink4321
4 months ago#35
Ashethan posted...
ManLink4321 posted...
You mean that you have no evidence "any of the events didn't actually happen," right?

You don't have any evidence you didn't rape someone?

This doesn't have anything to do with anything.
The Hero of Hyrule.

User Info: Dagorha

Dagorha
4 months ago#36
ManLink4321 posted...
Dagorha posted...
The booklet comes with the DVD case that comes with the movie. It says "This movie is based on real events that happened in a real college." There's your proof.

Based on a second (or third) hand account that may or may not actually reflect what actually happened. You do know what "based on" means, right? It doesn't mean that it is the truth, merely that it is inspired by it.

I mean Braveheart is based on actual events but it's relationship with the truth might as well be non-existent for how useful it is to educate people.

I have proof that the truth that inspired it is only tangently related to what actually happened
Songs that the Hyades shall sing, Where flap the tatters of the King,
Must die unheard in Dim Carcosa.

ManLink4321
4 months ago#37
Dagorha posted...
ManLink4321 posted...
Dagorha posted...

I have proof that the truth that inspired it is only tangently related to what actually happened

Which is what? Where's your proof that the whole movie isn't based on the whole truth?
The Hero of Hyrule.

User Info: Dagorha

Dagorha
4 months ago#38
It exists, I've seen it. Just start Googling it.
Songs that the Hyades shall sing, Where flap the tatters of the King,
Must die unheard in Dim Carcosa.

User Info: Ashethan

Ashethan
4 months ago#39
ManLink4321 posted...
Which is what? Where's your proof that the whole movie isn't based on the whole truth?

Do you have proof that he doesn't have proof?

GTFOH
Growing up, I wish some teacher told me "You probably won't ever need this, but if you don't learn it, you might miss out on something really cool."
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Any movies with similar themes to "God's Not Dead," but actually good?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived