This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Christians, what does this mean.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Christians, what does this mean.

User Info: crazygamer999

crazygamer999
2 months ago#11
OrangeWizard posted...
Eating one's vomit is good, useful, healthy behavior?
The Asriel of the RPG:EE board."Time to mix drinks and change lives."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1312-the-ninth-dimension

User Info: kozlo100

kozlo100
2 months ago#12
OrangeWizard posted...
Eating one's vomit is good, useful, healthy behavior?

For a dog, it is.
Time flies like the wind,
and fruit flies like a banana.

User Info: Dyinglegacy

Dyinglegacy
2 months ago#13
I wa referring to the new testament mention of this verse.

What I got from reading it was that people who once new the 'righteous path', and turn away, will have a more difficult time if they ever decide to return to the path.
PSN: KillingLegacy Gamertag: Killing Legacy

User Info: SockThief

SockThief
2 months ago#14
Dyinglegacy posted...
I wa referring to the new testament mention of this verse.

What I got from reading it was that people who once new the 'righteous path', and turn away, will have a more difficult time if they ever decide to return to the path.

I don't think that's exactly what the verse is saying. I think it's saying that if you know the right way to live (submitted to Christ, good morals) but choose to reject it (rebelled against God's authority and commandments), your sin is even more egregious than before because you have no excuse to live that way. But if they repent or turn back to God again, I don't think they'll have a more difficult Christian life, other than reaping the natural consequences of a sinful lifestyle (out-of-wedlock kids or DWIs or whatever it could be).
I steal your sock.

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
2 months ago#15
kozlo100 posted...

For a dog, it is.

Is it really? I've done some googling and didn't see anything claiming that it is, except in certain cases, like when wolves vomit up food for their pups.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCevfumG9WSyr165n84HfwRQ

kozlo100
2 months ago#16
I mean, you can probably get into semantics over good, healthy, and useful, but yea, according to my vet, it is those things. At the very least, it's normal and acceptable for dogs.

I think that was the point being made though. For a human, eating vomit is a sign that something is deeply wrong with the person. Irrationality to the point of insanity. For a dog, it's wholly unremarkable and not at all foolish on the dog's part. It's overly anthropomorphic to use it as an example of wrong behavior.

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
2 months ago#17
kozlo100 posted...

I think that was the point being made though. For a human, eating vomit is a sign that something is deeply wrong with the person. Irrationality to the point of insanity. For a dog, it's wholly unremarkable and not at all foolish on the dog's part. It's overly anthropomorphic to use it as an example of wrong behavior.

That makes sense. However, everyone understands the point being made. I'm pretty sure that "eww, eating vomit is gross" is something understood long before "Dogs sometimes eat their vomit, and it'll be fine" is learned.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCevfumG9WSyr165n84HfwRQ

kozlo100
2 months ago#18
Sure, what's being said is understandable, but that's not what darklo was getting at, I don't think.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Christians, what does this mean.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived