This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So atheists what's the most compelling thing youve heard in favor of a religion

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. So atheists what's the most compelling thing youve heard in favor of a religion

User Info: OzymandiasIV

OzymandiasIV
2 months ago#101
You're only further proving my point. You've been here so long and you come here so often that you feel entitled to this behavior that constantly shuns and ignores new users and conversations you don't like. You weren't interested in this topic or the tc, but you read it anyway because you're constantly on this board and you found a reason, centered on yourself, to participate in and completely hijack TC's topic.

This happens all the time on this board.
Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sort of good at something.

User Info: kozlo100

kozlo100
2 months ago#102
OzymandiasIV posted...
A big reason why I stopped visiting this board is because of certain users (several in this topic, atheists and theists alike) who have been here so goddamn long and have seen all the conversations that they get tired of retreading any old topics and try to stifle any conversation they aren't personally interested in and police any conversation they are interested in, which probably plays a big part in this board losing so much traffic.

Look, I'm not trying to be any kind of a board leader or anything, and in point of fact I did try to engage in this topic. I didn't try to stifle anything, OP didn't want to talk to me, so I stopped.

I'm not sure what you wanted to go differently here. Was HK not supposed to speak up when it looked like I had erroneously spoken for him? Was I not supposed to respond to that, nor the side conversation that grew out of it?

Those are honest questions asked in good faith. If there's something you think I can be doing that will make the board a better place, please do tell me what I should do.
Time flies like the wind,
and fruit flies like a banana.

User Info: SockThief

SockThief
2 months ago#103
OzymandiasIV posted...

I agree, this place is quite unfriendly to newcomers.
I steal your sock.

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
2 months ago#104
Hustle Kong posted...
A lot of theists on this board seem to defer to them on most conversation topics

Anyone deferring to me on almost any subject has more than a few problems.

What Hustle Kong said.

...wait
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCevfumG9WSyr165n84HfwRQ

User Info: Nine_Breaker

Nine_Breaker
2 months ago#105
OzymandiasIV posted...
A big reason why I stopped visiting this board is because of certain users (several in this topic, atheists and theists alike) who have been here so goddamn long and have seen all the conversations that they get tired of retreading any old topics and try to stifle any conversation they aren't personally interested in and police any conversation they are interested in, which probably plays a big part in this board losing so much traffic.

I personally haven't seen the kozmeister stifle or police any conversation, so I'd be really surprised if there was evidence to the contrary.

I imagine there's a good reason that most regulars defer to the kozinator, HK, OW, dhalsim, and the like. They have a history of addressing topics in a productive and agreeable manner. Not to say others don't do the same, but there is just not as much familiarity and trust there.

It is unfortunate that some old hands get jaded though, and sometimes increase the antagonism on a topic that sometimes appears to be inherently antagonistic.

User Info: Stonedwolfed

Stonedwolfed
2 months ago#106
Fatestaykitchen posted...
I haven't seen or heard a single thing in my entire life that sounded convincing even growing up in a Christian household.

/thread
Understanding the rationality of SJWs is like trying to smell the colour 9.
Locating the humanity of neo-Nazis is like finding the Unicorns' Graveyard.

User Info: Fatestaykitchen

Fatestaykitchen
2 months ago#107
I'm not really even going to read what happened since I last posted since it's all extremely predictable and boring. This did catch my eye

OzymandiasIV posted...
You're only further proving my point. You've been here so long and you come here so often that you feel entitled to this behavior that constantly shuns and ignores new users and conversations you don't like. You weren't interested in this topic or the tc, but you read it anyway because you're constantly on this board and you found a reason, centered on yourself, to participate in and completely hijack TC's topic.

I think you should replace "this board" with "this site" it's especially more pronounced On boards with relatively low traffic. At least some portion of the regulars who have usually known each other for awhile think they own the place and they basically turn it into their own social board/club they get all grumpy prickly and dismissive (for a number of reasons. usually if a board has low traffic they've discussed all the relevant topics to death so now they're bored for instance) to new comers or people who visit infrequently

There's usually one designated a****** whose job is just to be flippant disrespectful and trollish this guy is usually "loved" and supported because he's been around for so long and everyone just goes "oh you!". He also cannot CANNOT resist responding to every topic because this guy is an attention whore. So he will present himself very quickly. He will try hijack the topic and turn it into a social topic with his buddies. And he will usually succeed because they're more interested in each other than the topic.

On the worst boards there's an entire gang of these guys who have special terms for newcomers and they gang up on them like the silliest high school mean girls.

So yeah. All of this is nothing new and I expected it from the moment I made this topic. This comes from being on this site for over a decade. This will happen. EXACTLY. The same way. Nearly every time. You're lucky if it doesn't. I should come up with a name for it.

I will say this, it took longer than expected and it wasn't universally enabled like it usually is. Also you guys get credit because the question actually got answered satisfactorily beforehand. So gold star. If board had Yelp reviews it would be pretty high.

Either way, I'd say the topic has run its course. I got what I wanted.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I8IVn0MQsWA
Just a reminder that we live in a world where "twerk assault" can be said unironically

User Info: darklao

darklao
2 months ago#108
If you don't think somebody is adding to the discussion, don't f***ing respond to them. If you make a point to respond just to piss and moan, you're the one being the a******.

Y'all motherf***ers need Jesus.
[agitprop]
just words and so much skin

User Info: Stonedwolfed

Stonedwolfed
2 months ago#109
darklao posted...
Y'all motherf***ers need Jesus.

Christian heaven is full of Christians, Muslim heaven is full of p****. If I'm converting - you ain't winning.
Understanding the rationality of SJWs is like trying to smell the colour 9.
Locating the humanity of neo-Nazis is like finding the Unicorns' Graveyard.

User Info: Sokolov

Sokolov
1 month ago#110
Apeism is also a religion, too.
scenariocampaign.ytmnd.com
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. So atheists what's the most compelling thing youve heard in favor of a religion

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived