This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

To the non-religious: Is Islam worse than Christianity?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. To the non-religious: Is Islam worse than Christianity?

User Info: Dathrowed1

Dathrowed1
4 months ago#31
I think Islam should be fair game with any other religion, but some act like it shouldn't so Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris get slammed for being Islamophobic while they would never receive the same criticism for being "Messianophobic"
sig

User Info: Taitao

Taitao
4 months ago#32
Worst cult in existence. *orders bagel*
HSF2:AE

User Info: omnichaos

omnichaos
4 months ago#33
kozlo100 posted...
omnichaos posted...
So that verse where Jesus said to murder the gays probably-maybe exists?

There's no verse saying to kill gay people in the Quran. That scripture doesn't even proscribe a specific penalty for homosexuality.

The bible, on the other hand, has Leviticus 20:13.

Which is Old Testament, and not Jesus. This, on the other hand, comes directly from the "perfect" man himself:

Abu Dawud (4462)
The Prophet (ﷺ) said: If you find anyone doing as Lot's people did, kill the one who does it, and the one to whom it is done.

Show me a Christian majority country where gays are executed (there isn't one) and I'll show you 10 Islamic majority countries where gays are executed.

Zimbabwe says hi, but if you read my post I was saying that I think countries that hurt people because of who they want to sleep with has more to do with the social, economic, and political situations there than it does which religion is practiced by the majority.

Did you know that for most of its history, the Islamic world had very little problem with gay people? They traditionally had views pretty close to ancient Greece on the issue. The strong stance against homosexuality only came about fairly recently.

Show me your info that claims that Islam didn't have much of a problem with gays till recent times, that's horses***. They don't have as much of a problem with pedophilia, if that's what you actually mean. Those 10 Islamic majority countries that execute gays are not the only impoverished countries in the world. What is unique about them is that they are ISLAMIC majority countries. This is not hard to understand.

omnichaos
4 months ago#34
And no, they don't kill gays in Zimbabwe. They fine and imprison them. 0 Christian majority countries execute homosexuals. 10 Islamic majority countries do. And they aren't the only 10 s*** holes on the planet, stop making excuses for bad ideologies.

omnichaos
4 months ago#35
Jesus "fulfilled" the old law, whatever tf that means.
Muhammad not only brought OT morality back, Islam also eventually spread to billions of people. You have to be trying to not get this. Your well intended attempts of defending innocent Muslims do not justify your dishonesty about Islam and your dishonesty about the reasons why hundreds of millions of Muslims believe the barbaric garbage that they believe in.

User Info: kozlo100

kozlo100
4 months ago#36
omnichaos posted...
Which is Old Testament, and not Jesus. This, on the other hand, comes directly from the "perfect" man himself:

Abu Dawud (4462)

It's weird that you dismiss something in the bible due to being in the Old Testament, yet still canonical, and then quote from hadith and not the actual Quran.

In any case, I stand by my statement that the Quran contains no verse saying to kill gay people, yet the bible does.
Time flies like the wind,
and fruit flies like a banana.

omnichaos
4 months ago#37
That's because you don't understand (or don't want to understand) the bearing of these different texts on each other.

omnichaos
4 months ago#38
And where's that evidence that Muslims were cool with gays pre-modern times? You're supposed to feel humbled when you're wrong about something, that's your mind encouraging you to seek the correct information. Maybe not everyone comes with that feature?

User Info: kozlo100

kozlo100
4 months ago#39
You ok with me bringing, say, Catholic doctrine across history into this and laying it on Christianity's doorstep? Mormon doctrine? Evangelical doctrine?

Do you understand why those questions are relevant in this context?

And despite any answer you might give to those questions, I still stand by my statement that the Quran contains no verse saying to kill gay people, yet the Bible does.

And where's that evidence that Muslims were cool with gays pre-modern times?

I mean, I looked it up. Even just the citations were way more than fits in the character limit for a post. Still, it was easy enough to find that if you cared, you'd have found it by now, and anyone watching will be able to find it easy enough on their own, so I didn't think it was super productive to actually bring it here. Given that all that and that it's not actually connected to the point I'm making, I feel comfortable leaving that as an exercise for the reader.

In any case, I'm not super interested in convincing you of these facts, I just wanted to put them out there to be judged on their own merit. Honestly I'm not even super interested in giving you enough metaphorical rope to hang yourself. I think my piece is said, and I'll leave well enough alone from here on out.
Time flies like the wind,
and fruit flies like a banana.

omnichaos
4 months ago#40
Ok Zimbabwe, lol. I'm totally in the wrong.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. To the non-religious: Is Islam worse than Christianity?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived