This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

To the non-religious: Is Islam worse than Christianity?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. To the non-religious: Is Islam worse than Christianity?

User Info: omnichaos

omnichaos
2 months ago#41
kozlo100 posted...
omnichaos posted...

Show me a Christian majority country where gays are executed (there isn't one) and I'll show you 10 Islamic majority countries where gays are executed.

Zimbabwe says hi

Zimbabwe says you're wrong. You can at least admit you're wrong on this one. Man up.

omnichaos
2 months ago#42
Check Nigeria. Try that one.

User Info: Maverick3000

Maverick3000
2 months ago#43
omnichaos posted...

Show me a Christian majority country where gays are executed (there isn't one) and I'll show you 10 Islamic majority countries where gays are executed.

Latin America has been long regarded as the single most dangerous place for LGBT people, having the highest incidents of anti-LGBT hate crimes and killings since the 1990s. While laws have been passed to make them more LGBT friendly, these were mostly top-down initiatives to help curve the extreme problems LGBT people face. And of course, we are now hearing horror stories of socially accepted LGBT violence in Russia and see Russia pretty much turning a blind-eye and covering up LGBT concentration camps in Chechnya (Muslim area in fairness).

The point is the whole "compare legal systems to see which country is worst for minorities" is a terrible methodology. Go ask Malcolm X or any non-Jim Crow minorities about how legal status actually means little in the long run. Chechnya is probably the current king of LGBT-hatred and it won't come up on any "Places where LGBT are executed" because that isn't actually a law there because the suppression involves bypassing the legal system completely. That kind of suppression is often way worse than legal suppression because they are much harder to fight and can actually do much greater damage in the long run.
we're not all geniuses like you Maverick. >_> - AWrulez

omnichaos
2 months ago#44
Islam is the predominant religion in Chechnya, practised by 95% of those polled in Grozny in 2010.[82] Chechens are overwhelmingly adherents to the Shafi'i Madhhab of Sunni Islam,[83] the republic having converted to Islam between the 16th and the 19th centuries.

We're not all geniuses like you Maverick.

User Info: Maverick3000

Maverick3000
2 months ago#45
Congratulations for not bothering to even read my post. And I know you didn't because you'd know I actually stated Chechnya is a Muslim area.
we're not all geniuses like you Maverick. >_> - AWrulez

omnichaos
2 months ago#46
My bad, but bringing up Chechnya doesn't make Islam/Muslims look any better. Do you really think that Catholic Latin America is a more dangerous place for gays than the Islamic Middle East?

User Info: Storm Shadow

Storm Shadow
2 months ago#47
Well, Catholics aren't Christians, so Latin America doesn't count.
"What did I ever do to deserve this as my fate? Other than all the sinning." http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1005-warhammer-40k

omnichaos
2 months ago#48
Yes they are. Go take your Christian purity to your echo chamber please. I don't want your "help."

User Info: Storm Shadow

Storm Shadow
2 months ago#49
omnichaos posted...
Yes they are. Go take your Christian purity to your echo chamber please. I don't want your "help."

Giving Roman paganism a thorough Christwashing still can't hide its true nature!
"What did I ever do to deserve this as my fate? Other than all the sinning." http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1005-warhammer-40k
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. To the non-religious: Is Islam worse than Christianity?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived