This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

To the non-religious: Is Islam worse than Christianity?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. To the non-religious: Is Islam worse than Christianity?

User Info: JosephSmith_JR

JosephSmith_JR
3 months ago#61
I don't think this has to do solely with their faith. Christians have conquered the world, and by that I mean that their culture (or aspects of their culture) exists most places. This makes integration, immigration and acceptance very easy for them, as they aren't often met with communities that have laws and traditions that dissimilar from their own.

Muslims have not, and if you can look at where they live, for better or worse - it's not for me to say - they have not modernized, and they have not accommodated the modern world. When they move, as it is a conquering faith, it is not met with like-minded opinions. Because of this, I think there is a lot more conflict. They have some very strict laws, and believe strongly in the words of Allah.

So, I don't know that this answers the question, but perhaps tries to explain the perspective the question offers.

User Info: HeadEXplode

HeadEXplode
3 months ago#62
BetaSquadron posted...
No it's not worse. Anyone saying it's worse is deeply biased.

It's like a British person in the 1800s saying Hinduism is worse than Christianity. They're so blind and poisoned by their societal bias, their judgment is worthless.

Have you read what comprises Sharia Law? It may have been progressive for its time, but it's barbaric in this age. Compare that to the New Testament, in which Jesus argues for mercy and understanding for all sinners; it is pretty clear he would not have approved of the violent, if not outright deadly, punishments used on criminals and apostates.

I don't think Muslims are inherently worse people than Christians, as everyone is capable of using any religion or ideology to justify their s***ty behavior. I just think that Islam, especially the brand conservative countries like Saudi Arabia try to spread, doesn't mesh as well as Christianity when it comes to Western values.
I started thinking, "Maybe the two of us should blow up this house." You know, just to get back at them for thinking I might blow up this house.

User Info: Al-Uzza

Al-Uzza
3 months ago#63
Islam needs a Turkish caliph again. A Balkan one would also suffice.

User Info: omnichaos

omnichaos
3 months ago#64
The most chilling thing about the problem of Islam is that the future inevitably holds greater and greater technology enabling one person to kill more and more people in an easier and easier fashion. And secular reformation is not looking hopeful, at all.

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
3 months ago#65
omnichaos posted...
The most chilling thing about the problem of Islam is that the future inevitably holds greater and greater technology enabling one person to kill more and more people in an easier and easier fashion.

Okay, that crosses the line. You're going on my ignore list.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCevfumG9WSyr165n84HfwRQ

omnichaos
3 months ago#66
You're on god's ignore list.

User Info: Maverick3000

Maverick3000
3 months ago#67
omnichaos posted...
Yes you're right, capital punishment is not the only metric. People are also more likely to be openly gay in Latin America than in the Islamic world. They have gay pride parades in Latin America. And what Islamic region is the entirety of Latin America being compared to? Forgive me if I'm not taking your word for it.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/26/americas/lgbt-rights-in-the-americas/index.html

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-el-salvador-lgbt-violence-idUSKBN16Z1QR

https://www.pri.org/stories/2013-12-29/latin-america-has-homophobic-killing-problem

Maybe if you pulled your head out of what-ever-area you are sticking it in, you would learn something. Yes, Latin America has a well recorded problem with anti-LGBT violence that has been well known, whether not you want to ignore it.

HeadEXplode posted...
Compare that to the New Testament, in which Jesus argues for mercy and understanding for all sinners; it is pretty clear he would not have approved of the violent, if not outright deadly, punishments used on criminals and apostates.

This is straight up intentionally selective reading. There is plenty of nasty passages in the Bible and just comparing the Quron to a specific section is straight up misleading. And there is of course the fact Jesus is also a huge figure in Islam as well.
we're not all geniuses like you Maverick. >_> - AWrulez

omnichaos
3 months ago#68
Where are the statistics, Maverick? What region of the Islamic world is the entirety of Latin America being compared with?

User Info: Maverick3000

Maverick3000
3 months ago#69
omnichaos posted...
Where are the statistics, Maverick?

In the articles I posted, that you clearly haven't read.
we're not all geniuses like you Maverick. >_> - AWrulez

omnichaos
3 months ago#70
No, they aren't. But here's a comparison of various countries on the question, "Should society accept homosexuality?", and it's not making your case for you. By a long shot.

http://www.pewglobal.org/2013/06/04/the-global-divide-on-homosexuality/
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. To the non-religious: Is Islam worse than Christianity?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived