This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do friends/family of a religion keep you from being critical of said religion?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Do friends/family of a religion keep you from being critical of said religion?

User Info: Zora_Prince

Zora_Prince
3 months ago#51
I can acknowledge that religion is beneficial for some people and can do some good (charity work, etc.) but stand firm that religion does far more harm than good for the world. Even when I was religious, I believed this and it has only gotten stronger in recent years. Some loved ones and people I respect doesn't change this. They just happen to be fantastic people who happen to be religious, not because they're religious. I have lots of friends who believe in things I consider kooky (ghosts in their house, aliens built the pyramids, etc.) and I consider this no different.
Enjoy those old Choose-Your-Adventure Novels and Writing? Join Extend-a-Story!
http://www.sir-toby.com/extend-a-story/story-1/code/read.php

User Info: SSj4Wingzero

SSj4Wingzero
3 months ago#52
omnichaos posted...
If that happened, I would laugh my ass off. But if they wanted to have a conversation (which you damn well know is what I'm talking about), yes. But the likelihood that they are going to provide evidence for their claims and prove me wrong is pretty low. And if somehow they did have good evidence, I would very much like to hear it. Maybe you should accept that we are different people with different types of personalities and thought processes instead of projecting your own personality onto me.

In other words: "I'd love to hear that I'm wrong. But I'm not wrong."

That seems humble.
Not changing this sig until the Knicks win the NBA Championship! Started...4/23/2011? Or was it 2010?

User Info: omnichaos

omnichaos
3 months ago#53
I'm always willing to see that evidence that shows that Jesus is going to come back and kill all the Jews.

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
3 months ago#54
omnichaos posted...
I'm always willing to see that evidence that shows that Jesus is going to come back and kill all the Jews.

What are you even talking about?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCevfumG9WSyr165n84HfwRQ

User Info: Hustle Kong

Hustle Kong
3 months ago#55
Do friends/family of a religion keep you from being critical of said religion?

Not particularly, but it doesn’t come up a lot in day to day conversation. They already know I believe their religion to be untrue, and my style of criticism isn’t particularly angry.
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.

User Info: ManLink4321

ManLink4321
3 months ago#56
DigitalFury_ posted...
Thanks @Moorish_Idol and @darkmaian23 in new to the board but the troll vibe is definitely strong with that one.

LOL! The troll calling me a troll.
The Hero of Hyrule.

User Info: JosephSmith_JR

JosephSmith_JR
3 months ago#57
TC,

You have to ask yourself, is criticizing someone's faith as important to you as loving them?

User Info: kozlo100

kozlo100
3 months ago#58
JosephSmith_JR posted...
You have to ask yourself, is criticizing someone's faith as important to you as loving them?

Depends on the situation. In some cases criticizing someone's faith is fairly well equivalent to loving them.

Most of the time, people's faith is useful to them, or at worst harmless, but there are the cases where their faith is actively causing harm in their life. In those cases, criticizing it in a way they would be receptive to is about the most loving thing you can do for them.
Time flies like the wind,
and fruit flies like a banana.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Do friends/family of a religion keep you from being critical of said religion?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived