This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Has there ever been a time where you came close to changing your beliefs?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Has there ever been a time where you came close to changing your beliefs?

User Info: LinkFanatic

LinkFanatic
4 months ago#1
I was 17 when I realized I was an atheist. I went through an angstheist phase after that, then I met a group of good Christians on Facebook who softened me up a lot. I was a little drawn to Christianity afterward, but ended up falling short in the end; I think I just needed to tear down my misconceptions. Nowadays, I'm actually a lot stricter in my atheism than I was when I deconverted. >_>

Your turn, guys.
The first 2 forms of Cell flaunted his tail, like he's Ron Jeremy. But after he absorbed 18 his tail retracted and only seemed useful for reproducing. -Byron808

User Info: DigitalFury_

DigitalFury_
4 months ago#2
No, I'm staunchly atheist and confident in my non-belief. I've always been interested in the lore but I've put a bit more effort recently to learn more so I could support my newly reborn best friend
Currently Playing: Stories of Bethem: Full Moon and Blue Dragon
Currently Reading: The Quran and and Tao Te Ching

User Info: Hustle Kong

Hustle Kong
4 months ago#3
Of course. My beliefs change and develop over time. I’m not even the same sort of atheist as I was 25 years ago. And I’m also a Buddhist and idolator.
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.

User Info: Moorish_Idol

Moorish_Idol
4 months ago#4
Not counting my "deconversion" from Christianity and my "conversion" from atheism, I haven't been what I'd consider close to a relapse in many years. I actually feel more convicted in my present religious beliefs than either of my past two so I'm unsure what it'd even take anymore. (Not that I'm looking to convert to something else).

Maybe if I have a severe stroke someday I'll end up in a different religion or irreligious again. :P
Not everything has to be about something.
Camofrog, Caroline, Chadder, Diana, Ketchup, Lyman, Olivia, Ruby, Shari

User Info: YHWH_Saves

YHWH_Saves
4 months ago#5
Never once have I doubted the existence of God. However, I was not "Christian" until about 5 years ago. Over time, my faith has become far more what I consider to be Orthodox than contemporary.

All of these would be changes, but within the same faith system.

I would say that I haven't sporadically changed from one belief system to another, however. I feel as though it's been a constant pursuit of, and into, the same Truth.
"Man will not live off of bread alone, but by every word proceeding through the mouth of God." "You are not able to serve God and wealth.".

User Info: enigma777

enigma777
4 months ago#6
Nope
Proverbs 26:4

User Info: Hexagon

Hexagon
4 months ago#7
Yes. Every time someone tells me they have evidence that their creator exists.

User Info: ManLink4321

ManLink4321
4 months ago#8
Hexagon posted...
Yes. Every time someone tells me they have evidence that their creator exists.

You mean everyone's creator.
The Hero of Hyrule.

User Info: JosephSmith_JR

JosephSmith_JR
4 months ago#9
Growth and development take time. Learning takes practice. It's a journey, and true conversion is a continuous process. Spiritual experiences lead to true conversion. As we teach, it is invited to become part of the process.

It isn't a one time event, more of a lifelong quest to become closer to God.

In our world today, every man, every woman, every child needs his or her OWN conversion to their truth. His or her own light, his or her own faith, independent of their parents, leaders or friends.

I was not always a Mormon, but it was part of my path to find the truth in the teachings and stories of Jesus Christ, and those of the Prophet Joseph Smith.

User Info: Kenji_Kotaro

Kenji_Kotaro
4 months ago#10
I was never really religious to begin with so when I found a faith that suited me (Taoism, though I seriously considered Judaism at the time, too, but there weren't any Synagogues or Jewish community centers close to me so I couldn't formally convert) I stuck by it and haven't really be swayed by any arguments to convert to any other faiths by family (no-one in my family really cares outside of a couple who think my faith is weird) and friends (some have been a little vocal but not many). I have added a few deities to my shrine at home but that's about it, I haven't given up on or replaced any of them.
I'm an official member of the Groucho Marxist political party: The whole damn system is a joke and so are we!
Vote Rufus T Firefly 2020! Hail Hail Freedonia!
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Has there ever been a time where you came close to changing your beliefs?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived