This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Biblical prophecy claims world will end on Sept 23rd

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Biblical prophecy claims world will end on Sept 23rd

User Info: Kradek

Kradek
4 weeks ago#1
http://www.foxnews.com/science/2017/09/15/biblical-prophecy-claims-world-will-end-on-sept-23-conspiracy-theorists-claim.html

I mostly just wanted to post this link because this is in the SCIENCE section of Fox News.

Demonstrating once again that Fox News is a joke and so is anyone who treats it credibly.

Also this is the religion board so if you peeps wanna debate over the numerology or whatever that's cool too.
"I'm a baby killer, baby killing makes me horny. Aliens inside me, gonna squash it like Sigourney" ~Get Dat Fetus, Kill Dat Fetus - Sextina Aquafina

User Info: Moorish_Idol

Moorish_Idol
4 weeks ago#2
It seems there's an end-of-the-world prophecy nearly monthly these days. I'm unsure how these people keep reconciling their faith when they've been wrong so many times.

And as much of a joke it seems for this to appear in the science section, the article itself seems to be more of a "science says this is wrong" thing, specifically in regards to Planet X.

I'd of course prefer these things to not get any coverage but there's probably some Fox News devotees who would be worried about it.

They end the article with a well-chosen quote, imo:

"As usual with any astrology (or Christian adaptations of it), one cherry-picks the stars that fit the desired conclusion," Sarfati wrote, according to the Express. "There is nothing to suggest that 23 September is a momentous date for biblical prophecy, and Christians need to be careful about being drawn into such sensationalist claims."
Not everything has to be about something.

User Info: JosephSmith_JR

JosephSmith_JR
4 weeks ago#3
There is no such prediction in the Bible. This is nonsense.

Kradek
4 weeks ago#4
JosephSmith_JR posted...

It is nonsense, especially since Jesus specifically stated not even he knew when the endtimes were, so any Christians who say this (actually there's been a lot, the first was a French Bishop in 365 CE who said the world would end that year) are committing blasphemy.

But the Bible gets used to justify nonsense like this all the time, this is nothing new.
"I'm a baby killer, baby killing makes me horny. Aliens inside me, gonna squash it like Sigourney" ~Get Dat Fetus, Kill Dat Fetus - Sextina Aquafina

User Info: JosephSmith_JR

JosephSmith_JR
4 weeks ago#5
Kradek posted...
JosephSmith_JR posted...

It is nonsense, especially since Jesus specifically stated not even he knew when the endtimes were, so any Christians who say this (actually there's been a lot, the first was a French Bishop in 365 CE who said the world would end that year) are committing blasphemy.

But the Bible gets used to justify nonsense like this all the time, this is nothing new.

I've been saying this and getting flamed for it for months.

Kradek
4 weeks ago#6
JosephSmith_JR posted...
Kradek posted...
JosephSmith_JR posted...

I've been saying this and getting flamed for it for months.

Which part?

User Info: darklao

darklao
4 weeks ago#7
Well, according to Matthew 16: 27-28, either the world already ended and it was a private affair OR some of those guys were vampires.

So, clearly, vampires. You can tell because "taste death" is clearly an ironic play on words.
[agitprop]
just words and so much skin

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
4 weeks ago#8
darklao posted...
Well, according to Matthew 16: 27-28, either the world already ended and it was a private affair OR some of those guys were vampires.

So, clearly, vampires. You can tell because "taste death" is clearly an ironic play on words.

Or "this generation" means something different than what you think it means.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCevfumG9WSyr165n84HfwRQ

Kradek
4 weeks ago#9
OrangeWizard posted...

Or "this generation" means something different than what you think it means.

Can't that be said for most things in the Bible? I've heard people say that the, "It's easier to thread a camel through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to get into Heaven" wasn't anti-wealthy at all because allegedly eye or needle meant something different back then.

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
4 weeks ago#10
Kradek posted...

Can't that be said for most things in the Bible?

Yes.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCevfumG9WSyr165n84HfwRQ
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Biblical prophecy claims world will end on Sept 23rd

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived