This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

eternal hell makes no sense in Christianity

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. eternal hell makes no sense in Christianity

User Info: SSj4Wingzero

SSj4Wingzero
3 weeks ago#121
Thelema posted...
There are a number of historians who doubt that Muhammad existed.

Fewer than doubt the existence of Jesus, seeing as how Muhammad was a much more prominent figure in his lifetime than Jesus was - he was an actual political leader and all. I'm not well-versed on Middle Eastern history post-Antiquity so I'll have to defer any serious comment on that, but there seems to be even less controversy on his existence as well.

Thelema posted...
But a corporeal Christ is fundamental to the Christian narrative and its implications demand extra scrutiny.

I'm not disputing this - my original point was to that guy's response when he said that the evidence wouldn't be enough if it was any other person. It definitely would be. The reality is that anything that happened before the Renaissance in the Western world just isn't chronicled very well, and a lot of surviving accounts are biased. Contemporary accounts for anything happening before then are practically non-existent.
Not changing this sig until the Knicks win the NBA Championship! Started...4/23/2011? Or was it 2010?
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. eternal hell makes no sense in Christianity

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived