This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is special about Christianity?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. What is special about Christianity?

User Info: BiniBinaBino

BiniBinaBino
1 month ago#1
If you are Christian, I am curious to know why you believe in the Christian god and not in other god. I am not asking for arguments for god’s existence, but asking why do you believe in the Christian god in particular.

If you are not Christian, what do you think makes Christianity so popular?

User Info: Hustle Kong

Hustle Kong
1 month ago#2
Who is the Other God?
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
1 month ago#3
For me, it's all about the Bible. I believe in the God it speaks of. The Bible has convinced me that it is true because of its many authors, its historical accuracy, and it's prophecies.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCevfumG9WSyr165n84HfwRQ

BiniBinaBino
1 month ago#4
OrangeWizard posted...
For me, it's all about the Bible. I believe in the God it speaks of. The Bible has convinced me that it is true because of its many authors, its historical accuracy, and it's prophecies.

Ok don’t you think you could have been influenced by the christian culture you were born in?

User Info: Dagorha

Dagorha
1 month ago#5
BiniBinaBino posted...
OrangeWizard posted...

Ok don’t you think you could have been influenced by the christian culture you were born in?

Does that really matter?
Songs that the Hyades shall sing, Where flap the tatters of the King,
Must die unheard in Dim Carcosa.

OrangeWizard
1 month ago#6
BiniBinaBino posted...

Yes.

User Info: Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder
1 month ago#7
Hustle Kong posted...
Who is the Other God?
FC: 2724-1435-8055 - IGN: PSI_BLUE
Spelling errors make me laugh, and peanut butter makes me drool. Like a fool. Who's in school. King K. Rool.

BiniBinaBino
1 month ago#8
Blue_Thunder posted...
Hustle Kong posted...
Who is the Other God?

Any other God that isnt the Christian God.

If you were born in a Muslim country, would you be a Muslim or Christian?

Do you think muslims who were brainwashed into islamism from birth are going to hell?

User Info: Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder
1 month ago#9
BiniBinaBino posted...
Blue_Thunder posted...
Hustle Kong posted...
Who is the Other God?

Any other God that isnt the Christian God.

Do you think muslims who were brainwashed into islamism from birth are going to hell?

That's the thing though--God in Islam (not Islamism) and God in Christianity (and God in Judaism) aren't different "Gods", just a different understanding of who the same God is. I'd even argue that other religions that talk about universal forces, are talking about God in their own way of thinking.

Personally, I believe in "the Christian God", not only because of how I was raised, but because I did the research about my faith and the Bible, and came to the conclusion that it felt the most "real" to me.

Everyone has a choice of belief when they're born. If you're born in a predominantly Muslim country, you will likely be influenced to become Muslim, but in the end it's your choice.

If the person does not believe that we can accept eternal life through Jesus' death on the cross, yes. That's why evangelism exists.
FC: 2724-1435-8055 - IGN: PSI_BLUE
Spelling errors make me laugh, and peanut butter makes me drool. Like a fool. Who's in school. King K. Rool.

OrangeWizard
1 month ago#10
BiniBinaBino posted...

Probably a Muslim

No, nor do I think anyone is brainwashed
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. What is special about Christianity?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived