This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This board amazes me on what it doesn't question.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. This board amazes me on what it doesn't question.

User Info: omnichaos

omnichaos
1 month ago#31
Ok kozlo, you go troll.

Blue_Thunder posted...
omnichaos posted...
Blue_Thunder posted...
So what you're saying is that you don't want parents to impart their beliefs onto their children?

No, they should not force their religious beliefs onto children. They should be allowed to decide for themselves when they are adults.

And how do we do that? Send them off to a nursery somewhere? It's kinda hard for parents to not influence their children when they live under the same roof.

Not through the legal system, but via societal pressure to let human beings have the freedom to decide themselves what their ideologies should be. I'm not for preventing parents from forcing their kids to follow their ideology, but it should be looked down upon the same way racism is. (And I don't mean the neo-Marxist definition of racism.)

User Info: OrangeWizard

OrangeWizard
1 month ago#32
omnichaos posted...

Not through the legal system, but via societal pressure to let human beings have the freedom to decide themselves what their ideologies should be. I'm not for preventing parents from forcing their kids to follow their ideology, but it should be looked down upon the same way racism is. (And I don't mean the neo-Marxist definition of racism.)

That sounds like an ideology. Are you going to teach your child that?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCevfumG9WSyr165n84HfwRQ

User Info: Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder
1 month ago#33
omnichaos posted...
Ok kozlo, you go troll.

Blue_Thunder posted...
omnichaos posted...
Blue_Thunder posted...
So what you're saying is that you don't want parents to impart their beliefs onto their children?

No, they should not force their religious beliefs onto children. They should be allowed to decide for themselves when they are adults.

And how do we do that? Send them off to a nursery somewhere? It's kinda hard for parents to not influence their children when they live under the same roof.

Ah, so you think the poster didn't have a choice in being vegetarian? How do you know that they considered being an omnivore (once they were older) and thought otherwise because they, not their parents, thought it was the right thing?
FC: 2724-1435-8055 - IGN: PSI_BLUE
Spelling errors make me laugh, and peanut butter makes me drool. Like a fool. Who's in school. King K. Rool.

User Info: kozlo100

kozlo100
1 month ago#34
omnichaos posted...
Ok kozlo, you go troll.

Maybe I was unclear on the point you were trying to make. What do you expect a religiously motivated vegetarian to feed their child?
Time flies like the wind,
and fruit flies like a banana.

User Info: omnichaos

omnichaos
1 month ago#35
OrangeWizard posted...
omnichaos posted...

Yes, I am going to teach my child the ideology that they should be free to choose any ideology they like.

User Info: Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder
1 month ago#36
omnichaos posted...
OrangeWizard posted...
omnichaos posted...

Yes, I am going to teach my child the ideology that they should be freed to choose any ideology they like.

So you're gonna not teach them an ideology by teaching them an ideology?

*shrug* Sounds like a plan.
FC: 2724-1435-8055 - IGN: PSI_BLUE
Spelling errors make me laugh, and peanut butter makes me drool. Like a fool. Who's in school. King K. Rool.

User Info: darklao

darklao
1 month ago#37
Why am I not surprised this turned out to be some bulls*** omnichaos hate thing?

You know what's weirder than forcing children to be vegetarian? Forcing them to be party to the murder of animals before they can make an informed choice. Like, if one of those things should give you your usual hate boner, it's not the vegetarian option.
[agitprop]
just words and so much skin

User Info: DenimDaddy

DenimDaddy
1 month ago#38
darklao posted...
Why am I not surprised this turned out to be some bulls*** omnichaos hate thing?

You know what's weirder than forcing children to be vegetarian? Forcing them to be party to the murder of animals before they can make an informed choice. Like, if one of those things should give you your usual hate boner, it's not the vegetarian option.

"weird" is relative. What's so weird about the brutal and ignorant murder of animals?
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. This board amazes me on what it doesn't question.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived