Most realistic drifting in a video game.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Cars and Trucks
  3. Most realistic drifting in a video game.

User Info: Powertoolz

Powertoolz
4 weeks ago#1
Anybody here drifts (or any motorsports) in real life? How does drifting in real life compare to drifting in games and which game do you feel is the most accurate? I know games cant simulate the weight of transition, the sense of speed or the g-forces against ones body but does any game come close?

I have semi decent p.c, ps4, xbox 360 and a logitech g920.

User Info: Calinator

Calinator
4 weeks ago#2
I dont know about realism but GRID was awesome.
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-
ash4/376380_10150453971946873_550596872_10502822

User Info: Albtraum13

Albtraum13
4 weeks ago#3
Dirt 3. From the 300hp awd rally machines to rwd stadium trucks, it has the best.

THE BEST

User Info: ChokeStan

ChokeStan
4 weeks ago#4
I thought need for speed prostreet had fun drifting mechanics, but I've never intentionally drifted in my life.
But I didn't put my hair in a pony tail for nothing so if I'm going home alone I'm not going at all.

Albtraum13
4 weeks ago#5
Dirt 3 has gymkhana mode, its like, 100% fully locked differentials with bald tires. People complained that it was too loose and sloppy. So Dirt 4, gymkhana mode, the cars feel waaay heavier, making it harder to break the tires loose, and hold a consistent drift is harder, I guess 4 has the more realistic drifting in a car but they have an easy mode that makes it like..... Mario Kart?

Also it most games you can adjust the differential from being Open, limited slip, locked, maybe even 2 way or 3 way

User Info: Rofflereturns

Rofflereturns
4 weeks ago#6
Not the most realistic, but the most fun drifting was Midnight Club 3
Partying is such sweet sorrow

User Info: coolsurfer800

coolsurfer800
4 weeks ago#7
Any of the Dirt games.
No, John. You are the demons.
Moms are tough.

User Info: Powertoolz

Powertoolz
4 weeks ago#8
Albtraum13 posted...
Dirt 3. From the 300hp awd rally machines to rwd stadium trucks, it has the best.

THE BEST

Have you ever done any high performance driving? My buddy who does amatuer autocross claims that sim racing in his spare time helps a bit on track. I did some research and some f1 guys spend time sim racing too. Im amsuming it would help understanding drifting. Im considering starting a project drift car. I only have drag racing experience and drifting is another animal.

User Info: coolsurfer800

coolsurfer800
4 weeks ago#9
I think it helps if you have a simulator setup with a racing chair, steering wheel, pedals, etc. If you just use a controller it won't help.
No, John. You are the demons.
Moms are tough.

Albtraum13
4 weeks ago#10
Powertoolz posted...
Albtraum13 posted...

THE BEST

Have you ever done any high performance driving? My buddy who does amatuer autocross claims that sim racing in his spare time helps a bit on track. I did some research and some f1 guys spend time sim racing too. Im amsuming it would help understanding drifting. Im considering starting a project drift car. I only have drag racing experience and drifting is another animal.

No, just ridden passenger in some cool cars. Ive driven some high power sand rails and off road toys though, where a stab of the throttle gets you sideways, and you control it by feathering the throttle. Drifting on asphalt can be vicious compared to loose dirt and soft sand. On asphalt slides, Ive only been a passenger, and the transition between grip, and slide can be really rough and unpredictable.
  1. Boards
  2. Cars and Trucks
  3. Most realistic drifting in a video game.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived