What should I do with my Spark?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Cars and Trucks
  3. What should I do with my Spark?

User Info: QB_gullygamer

QB_gullygamer
3 weeks ago#31
I think he said the transmission died on it. Which is very believable, and not surprising in the slightest.
I can't believe I live in a country where Casey Anthony will make more money than me

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
3 weeks ago#32
QB_gullygamer posted...
I think he said the transmission died on it. Which is very believable, and not surprising in the slightest.

The transmission was replaced under warranty if I recall correctly.
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
Come visit The Range http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1003-

User Info: ChokeStan

ChokeStan
3 weeks ago#33
Gwakk, you don't seem to like the TC based off of your posts in every thread he makes.
But I didn't put my hair in a pony tail for nothing so if I'm going home alone I'm not going at all.

gwwak
3 weeks ago#34
No, I just don't like the TC's s***box.

User Info: ChokeStan

ChokeStan
3 weeks ago#35
I don't think anyone other than the tc likes that thing.
But I didn't put my hair in a pony tail for nothing so if I'm going home alone I'm not going at all.

gwwak
3 weeks ago#36
Maybe the TC's friends like it, or could care less about it from all the selfies taken in that car. All the selfies I have seen give me an impression that the TC is proud of the car.

User Info: Tupacrulez

Tupacrulez
3 weeks ago#37
ChokeStan posted...
Tupacrulez posted...
r4X0r posted...
Watching people throw away a car needing a $1,500 repair and buying something with a $300/mo payment in the name of smart economics has always befuddled me.

You ain't the only one bud.

*puts lifters in rodeo*
"What'd that cost?"
"Bout 800 bucks"
"that's so EXPENSIVE!"
"what could I have bought with it instead?"
*literally no answer*

At what point do you throw in the towel? I finally got rid of my Isuzu due to electrical problems. Cheapest quote I got was 2700.

When the value of the repair at hand is equal to getting something similarly optioned or versatile without needing similar regular maintenance, and the repair at hand is NOT regular maintenance itself.

For instance, I'm told I'm nutso for wanting a diesel for the rodeo, but at that point, it'll be an 5 passenger SUV that gets ~35mpg combined, has a rear locker, can tow 4500 pounds, and cost me ~5000 dollars.

That's not possible elsewhere. So I'll do that.

However, when Miranda's Corolla needed 700 bucks worth of struts and springs, we thought very carefully about that repair, due to the mileage at hand. Could we get a similar corolla with fewer than 420,000km for a similar price to just the struts?

That's basically the thought process.
Suck less, Rock Moar
Have I licked butt hole before? All the time. --r4xor

User Info: r4X0r

r4X0r
3 weeks ago#38
sredfox21 posted...
That is up to you. 3k will get you a fine used car, as youre under no obligation to go out and get a 2018

Then you're getting rid of a vehicle you know for one with its own set of problems. Better the devil you know than the devil you don't.
Professionals are predictable- it's the amateurs who are dangerous.

User Info: SSMajinVegeta2

SSMajinVegeta2
3 weeks ago#39
Bro. This isn’t a brand preference thing: get rid of the spark and don’t get a Cruze hatch. Both have horrible recalls and are obviously horribly reliable. You should never have to replace the tranny in a 3 year old car
On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.
Satoru Iwata, 1959 - 2015 RIP GP God bless

User Info: r4X0r

r4X0r
3 weeks ago#40
SSMajinVegeta2 posted...
You should never have to replace the tranny in a 3 year old car

What if it suddenly identifies as a manual and you have a bunch of linkage problems?
Professionals are predictable- it's the amateurs who are dangerous.
  1. Boards
  2. Cars and Trucks
  3. What should I do with my Spark?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived