Mazda is busy revolutionizing the gasoline engine

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Cars and Trucks
  3. Mazda is busy revolutionizing the gasoline engine

User Info: treewojima

treewojima
3 weeks ago#1
https://jalopnik.com/mazda-s-holy-grail-of-gasoline-engines-is-completely-1801820285

Basically, they've perfected a way to control compression ignition of lean mixtures, with the added benefit that the engine can still achieve ignition via traditional spark when necessary.

f***ing cool

User Info: YonicBoom

YonicBoom
3 weeks ago#2
Cool, but can they get busy making cars that are worth a damn again?
All these boomas like me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVkkHVl8QvE

treewojima
3 weeks ago#3
YonicBoom posted...
Cool, but can they get busy making cars that are worth a damn again?

The Mazda3 is one of the best economy cars you can buy though. Also, Miata

User Info: Meltdown1988

Meltdown1988
3 weeks ago#4
He's just salty there's no high-power engine options at the moment, or an RX-9. Other than that, I'd say Mazda is doing just fine.
Hi

treewojima
3 weeks ago#5
Mazda has never been about raw power anyway. The RX-7 and MX-5 were legendary for their performance in the twisties, not off the line.

However, the Mazdaspeed3 is a pretty blatant example of putting a f***huge turbocharger on a four banger with FWD. It's almost excessive... but not quite.

User Info: QB_gullygamer

QB_gullygamer
3 weeks ago#6
So let's take an already extremely stressed, and congested power plant in the modern ice, and stress it further by leaning it out and making it run hotter and put already troubleprone direct injectors directly next to a spark source.

Yes this has genius written all over it. I'm still waiting for a manufacturer to introduce an ice with plastic internals, and tell us it's the next coming of god.
I can't believe I live in a country where Casey Anthony will make more money than me

User Info: r4X0r

r4X0r
3 weeks ago#7
treewojima posted...
Mazda has never been about raw power anyway. The RX-7 and MX-5 were legendary for their performance in the twisties, not off the line.

However, the Mazdaspeed3 is a pretty blatant example of putting a f***huge turbocharger on a four banger with FWD. It's almost excessive... but not quite.

The RX-7 FD was a "280" horsepower car that weighed 2,800 pounds. It was a fast car for its time.
Professionals are predictable- it's the amateurs who are dangerous.

User Info: Tupacrulez

Tupacrulez
3 weeks ago#8
Mercedes had a 75:1 compression sparkless gas engine prototype like 8 years ago.
Suck less, Rock Moar
Have I licked butt hole before? All the time. --r4xor
  1. Boards
  2. Cars and Trucks
  3. Mazda is busy revolutionizing the gasoline engine

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived