Tesla Roadster

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Cars and Trucks
  3. Tesla Roadster

User Info: YonicBoom

YonicBoom
3 weeks ago#11
The Apple of cars, and I don't buy Apple products.
All these boomas like me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVkkHVl8QvE

User Info: ChokeStan

ChokeStan
3 weeks ago#12
electricbugs2 posted...
I give Tesla credit for finally addressing the "155 MPH question", but the lack of natural noise is still a big turn off.

Didn't a company with an electric car make it so that engine noise would come through some speakers?
But I didn't put my hair in a pony tail for nothing so if I'm going home alone I'm not going at all.

User Info: ValzacardX

ValzacardX
3 weeks ago#13
Eaglerulez posted...
The car definitely perplexes me.

On one hand it has virtually everything you would want.

-Decent looks
-League of its own speed
-Presumably good handling
-A modicum of practicality (4 seats...a supposedly sizable trunk)
-Doesn't use gas
-A decent value for what you are getting.

Part of me also fears that this is going to really make the sportscar market stale as everyone will have to go electric to compete with the performance numbers that this thing puts up and for whatever reason that doesn't really excite me.

What I would love is a $30-45,000 ish electric sportscar. Really my problem with most of what Tesla offers is that it's 30% more expensive than I want to spend.

Model 3...$35,000 isn't a terrible price...just you can get so much more for that money. Maybe if they have an all wheel drive performance variant for around $50,000 I'll bite.

Model S...just not interested in paying $80,000-$100,000 for this thing. $50,000 is what I want to spend for a vehicle of this quality.

Model X...for $100,000 I can get a more spacious SUV AND a sports car.

Ha I'm in a similar dilemma. Used Model S's get around that price

https://www.tesla.com/used?model=ms

I'm looking at another car purchase in the next year or two. On one hand I've really been eyeing the Stinger GT. On another the techie in me just loves the idea of having a Tesla. I can't wait for Model 3s to start really rolling out and see what reliability is like.
GT:Kahlilx77 PSN:CBE_Rookie
Currently playing: Gundam Versus, Destiny 2, picking something from my Backlog.

User Info: r4X0r

r4X0r
3 weeks ago#14
If you're a techie why would you want something as outdated and low tech as an electric car?
Professionals are predictable- it's the amateurs who are dangerous.

User Info: sredfox21

sredfox21
3 weeks ago#15
Heard it's got wheels too, that concept has some miles on it
support my idea, speak and spell with gwen stefani
its papayas, p-a-p-a-y-a-s

ValzacardX
3 weeks ago#16
r4X0r posted...
If you're a techie why would you want something as outdated and low tech as an electric car?

After getting a glimpse at your views on the old "Model 3" thread, lets just leave it me nerding out on a self driving car, the minimalist take on it, the overall design of the car, an f***ing "Bioweapon Defense Mode" self parking, and Key Card for access.

Also a big fan of Elon, and his Company.

ChokeStan
3 weeks ago#17
I'd never trust a self driving car.

And parallel parking is not hard.
But I didn't put my hair in a pony tail for nothing so if I'm going home alone I'm not going at all.

ValzacardX
3 weeks ago#18
ChokeStan posted...
I'd never trust a self driving car.

I do for some trips.

ChokeStan posted...
And parallel parking is not hard.

It's not, but the car doing itself is pretty cool. Plus with what some higher powers that be, that might be the norm in the future.

ChokeStan
3 weeks ago#19
How much does the parallel park feature cost, on average? I parallel park 5 days a week, and I couldn't see ever paying for that system. I don't even like power windows.

User Info: CHS_RICH

CHS_RICH
3 weeks ago#20
Eaglerulez posted...
The only other thing that is turning me off from Teslas is the fact that they seem to have lots of small issues.

It's one thing to deal with those issues on say a 10-20 year old used car designed in the late 80's or early 90's. It's another to be forking out 80-100K and have to deal with such issues.

Watched a few videos of guys with less than 10,000 miles on their car having to service theirs more than I have had to do so with my C5.

I can personally attest to this and I am quick to tell anyone who listens that you should not purchase this car on a budget/CPO. You either have f*** you money or you're a Tesla enthusiast. If you're not either (myself) you will find yourself disappointed. Only a couple more months left until I'm free though lol
  1. Boards
  2. Cars and Trucks
  3. Tesla Roadster

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived