Tesla Roadster

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Cars and Trucks
  3. Tesla Roadster

User Info: Eaglerulez

Eaglerulez
3 weeks ago#21
CHS_RICH posted...
Eaglerulez posted...
The only other thing that is turning me off from Teslas is the fact that they seem to have lots of small issues.

It's one thing to deal with those issues on say a 10-20 year old used car designed in the late 80's or early 90's. It's another to be forking out 80-100K and have to deal with such issues.

Watched a few videos of guys with less than 10,000 miles on their car having to service theirs more than I have had to do so with my C5.

I can personally attest to this and I am quick to tell anyone who listens that you should not purchase this car on a budget/CPO. You either have f*** you money or you're a Tesla enthusiast. If you're not either (myself) you will find yourself disappointed. Only a couple more months left until I'm free though lol

Yeah some of the stuff I saw on YouTube is pretty ridiculous.

-Horrendous panel alignment (I mean like shoddy worksmanship bad)
-Doors having a 2-3 second delay before opening...when using the handle.
-Rattles galore
-Squeaks galore
-Center touchscreen failing
-Power steering failing
-Mirrors not unfolding consistently
-Putting rear seats down and them not coming back up because the motorized latch won't release.
-Windshield imperfections.
-Replacement windshields having imperfections.
-Wheel alignment issues.

These have all been documented on cars with less than 10,000 miles on them that have been released 2016-2017. It's not like these are even first gen Model S issues.
www.actsofgord.com . Long live Green Earth. Escalators can't break, they can only temporarily become stairs. I Love GREEN TEA

User Info: BewmHedshot

BewmHedshot
3 weeks ago#22
ChokeStan posted...
And parallel parking is not hard.

The early auto-park Focus can get itself into parking spaces you can't get out of. Ford actually had to reprogram it to be worse at parking.
Cavaliers: ONCE

User Info: r4X0r

r4X0r
3 weeks ago#23
ValzacardX posted...

Also a big fan of Elon, and his Company.

Big fan of people who manage to direct billions of dollars of public funds to their own enterprises, cool.
Professionals are predictable- it's the amateurs who are dangerous.

r4X0r
3 weeks ago#24
BewmHedshot posted...
ChokeStan posted...

The early auto-park Focus can get itself into parking spaces you can't get out of. Ford actually had to reprogram it to be worse at parking.

How's that possible?

User Info: ValzacardX

ValzacardX
3 weeks ago#25
r4X0r posted...
ValzacardX posted...

Also a big fan of Elon, and his Company.

Big fan of people who manage to direct billions of dollars of public funds to their own enterprises, cool.

Eh. Every company/industry does something crummy. You pick your poison trying to enjoy anything in this life.
GT:Kahlilx77 PSN:CBE_Rookie
Currently playing: Gundam Versus, Destiny 2, picking something from my Backlog.

User Info: ChokeStan

ChokeStan
3 weeks ago#26
BewmHedshot posted...
ChokeStan posted...

I bet the engineers who programmed it lost their s*** when they found that out.
But I didn't put my hair in a pony tail for nothing so if I'm going home alone I'm not going at all.

User Info: Albtraum13

Albtraum13
3 weeks ago#27
Eurocucks BTFO
eurocucks on suicide watch where are your bugatti koenigseg pagani gods now?

I like to see this progress and innovation. Its not like this thing has a million dollar price tag like the 918, and things like that.

User Info: Albtraum13

Albtraum13
3 weeks ago#28
r4X0r posted...
BewmHedshot posted...
ChokeStan posted...

How's that possible?

Ive done this with a forklift actually. Rear wheel steer can get you in a pickle. It just took dozens of forward-backward-forward-backward movements, inch by inch

User Info: PDXRoverMech

PDXRoverMech
3 weeks ago#29
I did that off-roading once. Guy behind me got really hung up and broke his synthetic winch line trying to get unstuck. So I had to go to the end of the trail, turn around , so I could use my winch. I knew there was no way I could back out due to large stumps and there was no space to turn around. I ended up backing off the bank, very carefully, and winched back up the other direction.

r4X0r
3 weeks ago#30
If you can back into a space by cutting the wheel and backing in, can't you get out by doing the reverse?
  1. Boards
  2. Cars and Trucks
  3. Tesla Roadster

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived