TALk me out of or into buying a stripper model eco box.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Cars and Trucks
  3. TALk me out of or into buying a stripper model eco box.

User Info: r4X0r

r4X0r
2 months ago#11
You buy a new car and keep it for the long haul, you're still dealing with an out of warranty used car for the majority of the ownership period.
Professionals are predictable- it's the amateurs who are dangerous.

User Info: sredfox21

sredfox21
2 months ago#12
Gm 3800, use the savings on gold or whatever
support my idea, speak and spell with gwen stefani
its papayas, p-a-p-a-y-a-s

User Info: Albtraum13

Albtraum13
2 months ago#13
My friend had a buick with the 3800 series, it ate a valve or something, had to scrap it for $50.

User Info: ChokeStan

ChokeStan
2 months ago#14
Albtraum13 posted...
I think everyone is CVT these days. Ive called a bunch of shops, general mechanics and transmission specialty shops, and asked what they thought about them, nearly unanimous negative, to VERY negative opinions on CVTs. One said dont worry, and that modern 6 speed autos can reach $3,000 to rebuild, and to get what I want, dont worry about the tranny.

Early Direct injection also scares me, with carbon deposits and residues causing very expensive engine tear down to clean that carbon buildup... Completely negates all savings with higher MPG.

Touchscreens that control the AC functions scare me. I would like that to be separated.

Push start buttons, Im uncertain about... But having a wireless key with sensors for remote start, and nkt having a physical key that unlocks a door is a huge No for me

Its tough deciding what car to get. Im buying something SOON guys.

Main reason my parents just bought a RAV4. Still had a normal auto in it. My mom's Rogue's CVT is about to s*** the bed, for a second time.
But I didn't put my hair in a pony tail for nothing so if I'm going home alone I'm not going at all.

Albtraum13
2 months ago#15
Yup. I used to think lowly of Corollas for still using a 4 speed auto (up to 2016), but I see why they kept it simple. Blame California and the EPA for the CVT push.

Rest of the world probably gets the 4 speed still, cuz a trans rebuild can be devastating. Go to Mexico and you see Nissan Tsuru's everywhere. It was awesome passing a small dealership with brand new ones. They dont carry a stigma which is the cool thing. Culture has a big part for the automotive world. The Tsuru is like the VW bug. Unchanged for decades.

ChokeStan
2 months ago#16
My dad is still a hardcore manual guy. He hates the fact his Taco is an auto and the RAV4, just because he likes keeping cars as long as possible, not even because he prefers driving them. He drives the s***box Nissan they have on his 140 mile commute each day because it's a stick and will last the longest.
But I didn't put my hair in a pony tail for nothing so if I'm going home alone I'm not going at all.

User Info: nickels

nickels
2 months ago#17
http://imgur.com/YRaXBwj

Might grab it tomorrow.

Driven it every year for three years. Time to move on it.
just a few miles from where the lesbian truck was
Albtraum13

ChokeStan
2 months ago#18
That thing looks better than the Versa. Why isn't it sold here?

User Info: nickels

nickels
2 months ago#19
Found it in blue, sticker price is $9400.
just a few miles from where the lesbian truck was
Albtraum13

Albtraum13
2 months ago#20
ChokeStan posted...
That thing looks better than the Versa. Why isn't it sold here?

Emissions and safety

What do Fits and Yaris's go for there?
  1. Boards
  2. Cars and Trucks
  3. TALk me out of or into buying a stripper model eco box.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived