Halo wont start for me anymore...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Halo: Combat Evolved
  3. Halo wont start for me anymore...

User Info: Cyborg1000

Cyborg1000
8 years ago#1
Ok, I've had this game for years, and it's been running great. Now when I click the icon, the screen flickers, then I get a message stating that "Halo did not shut down properly last time it ran and wants to know if I want to run it in safe mode" Ok, I have always exited out of Halo using the main menu and selecting quit or whatever. When I click run in safe mode, the screen flickers again and nothing pops up. Now that I think about it, seems like this all started soon after I downloaded the latest nvidia drivers, that were released earlier this month, October. Anyone else having problems with it if you've DL'ed those drivers? Anyone now what I could do to get it running again?
"Sound the Trumpets, Raise the Drawbridge, Drop the Oldsmobile"
Army of Darkness trailer

User Info: LegendaryJoe

LegendaryJoe
8 years ago#2
I'm having the EXACT same problem. I also recently updated my nvidia drivers, and the same thing happens to me too, whether in safe mode or not. I haven't found a total fix yet, but I uninstalled the drivers in the control panel, and Halo at least loads now, although it's only a black screen. I'm trying to find a download for an older driver, good to know someone has the same problem and I'm not alone.

Cyborg1000
8 years ago#3
Really? Give me a heads up if you find a fix, pls.
Army of Darkness trailer

User Info: LegendaryJoe

LegendaryJoe
8 years ago#4
Uninstalled the new drivers, and installed this one: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_190.62_whql.html

Game works fine now.

User Info: my_name_is_Ed

my_name_is_Ed
8 years ago#5
I use ATI. Can't help ya.
Not changing sig untill "Kiss Me Where It Smells Funny" by Bloodhound Gang is added to RB or GH.
Started 09/08/09

Cyborg1000
8 years ago#6
How do you uninstall the new drivers?
Army of Darkness trailer

my_name_is_Ed
8 years ago#7
Idk how to uninstall up to date drivers. I would try installing older drivers though. Don't take my word for it though. I like expirmenting. My experiments don't usually work >.>
Not changing sig untill "Kiss Me Where It Smells Funny" by Bloodhound Gang is added to RB or GH.
Started 09/08/09

User Info: Bowsaa

Bowsaa
8 years ago#8
I'd try to figure it out for you but:

1. My computer doesn't have Nvidia hardware/chips

2. My computer can't run Halo in the first place.

Just try installing the old drivers, it might delete the new ones for you. If this kills your computer, I suggested it, but never made you do it. Try it at your own risk, but you can't sue me or anything, ok?
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000

my_name_is_Ed
8 years ago#9
XD
Started 09/08/09

User Info: Bowsaa

Bowsaa
8 years ago#10
I'm personally surprised that my ****heap of a laptop is still running. It ran out of virtual memory while running a Falling Sand Game.
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000
  1. Boards
  2. Halo: Combat Evolved
  3. Halo wont start for me anymore...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived