Advice on careers

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Advice
  3. Advice on careers

User Info: EdgeMaster

EdgeMaster
4 weeks ago#1
So long story short,

I'm 26, have a bachelor's degree and getting real sick of making $12-$15/hr.

Not asking for a lot here, just not sure how tf to make $60-$100k a year. Didn't go to college to be making a bit over min wage and spending half my income on rent.

Have sales experience on my resume and was also a personal trainer and bouncer for a bit.

Sales isn't half bad, looked into insurance sales and eventually said screw it (lots of scam job offers plus wasn't going to acquire my property and casualty license if I didn't have a job waiting).

Bouncing you can't do forever and you get tired of being nocturnal. Personal Training has its own ups and downs, money is/can be inconsistent depending on client base and gym politics.

Really looking for job ideas that are relatively low stress, fulfilling work and pay $60k+ a year.

Can explain more if need be.
If you don't have anything nice to say, say it on the internet.
****poster Extraordinaire

User Info: ZayKayWill

ZayKayWill
4 weeks ago#2
Very very few bachelors degrees are going to make you 60-100k a year. If you want that kind of money you probably would have to do higher level school.
Bottom line love your self and what you do and GET THAT MONEY. **** every thing else! -shinwufang2

User Info: nuclearvomit

nuclearvomit
4 weeks ago#3
What's your degree in?

User Info: ChokeStan

ChokeStan
4 weeks ago#4
Apparently something that's useless.
But I didn't put my hair in a pony tail for nothing so if I'm going home alone I'm not going at all.
Really looking for job ideas that are relatively low stress, fulfilling work and pay $60k+ a year.

Then go back to school and pick up a real profession with the necessary certifications and licenses. Your options are limited with only a bachelors degree.
When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps. - Confucius

User Info: ChokeStan

ChokeStan
4 weeks ago#6
Super Saiyan 3 Goku posted...
Your options are limited with only a bachelors degree.

What? It depends on what the degree is in. His is obviously a useless one.
But I didn't put my hair in a pony tail for nothing so if I'm going home alone I'm not going at all.

User Info: ZayKayWill

ZayKayWill
4 weeks ago#7
ChokeStan posted...

AFAIK the only bachelors degrees that can make you good money are Engineering and Accounting. And maybe Human Resources but you would need a lot of experience in order to move up to a manager.
Bottom line love your self and what you do and GET THAT MONEY. **** every thing else! -shinwufang2
ChokeStan posted...

Apart from maybe nursing or engineering, you're not touching $60k+ with a quality of life this guy wants on just a bachelors degree.
When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps. - Confucius
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: rogerskg1979

rogerskg1979
4 weeks ago#9
nuclearvomit posted...
ChokeStan posted...
What's your degree in?
Apparently something that's useless.

That was my first thought too. It's probably some Liberal Arts degree.

EdgeMaster posted...

You're not going to find a stress-free job that pays $60k a year. They don't exist. Salary is directly related to how difficult/stressful a job is. The more difficult/stressful a job is, the more it pays. Easy, low stress jobs don't have high salaries.
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Advice
  3. Advice on careers

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.