What is your all-time favorite ARCADE CABINET game you ever played? #2

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. What is your all-time favorite ARCADE CABINET game you ever played? #2

User Info: mooreandrew58

mooreandrew58
3 months ago#271
shipwreckers posted...
mooreandrew58 posted...
despite being a young teen male I oddly don't remember the cheerleaders. my biggest memory was getting my ass handed to me by some older teen or adult who had clearly played the game way too much. I would have claimed he was cheating had he not been standing right next to me where I could see everything he did.

That was one great thing about arcades as opposed to modern online multiplayer. You couldn't accuse someone of cheating, since you were both playing on the exact same machine (generally speaking).

Of course, the later NFL Blitz games had those three-icon cheats you could put in if you were fast enough on the loading screens (Mortal Kombat had the same ability). Is it possible that your opponent was using cheat codes???

nah he just knew a broken strategy (well broken to someone who didn't know how to do it) all he did was hail marry's and took it to the endzone pretty much anytime he got the ball, and I didn't know how to counter it. as said I was about 12 this dude was about 20
Cid- "looks like that overgrown lobster just got served!" Bartz-"with cheese biscuts AND mashed potatoes!"

User Info: shipwreckers

shipwreckers
3 months ago#272
mooreandrew58 posted...
nah he just knew a broken strategy (well broken to someone who didn't know how to do it) all he did was hail marry's and took it to the endzone pretty much anytime he got the ball, and I didn't know how to counter it. as said I was about 12 this dude was about 20

Whew..., that sounds like me when I tried to play Killer Instinct against an adult hogging the machine once. I had precious few quarters to spend, and he obviously didn't mind blowing his own money. So, I was pretty much doomed to have myself pummeled with ultra combos every single match.

Funtimes.
Money is overrated...

mooreandrew58
3 months ago#273
shipwreckers posted...
mooreandrew58 posted...

Whew..., that sounds like me when I tried to play Killer Instinct against an adult hogging the machine once. I had precious few quarters to spend, and he obviously didn't mind blowing his own money. So, I was pretty much doomed to have myself pummeled with ultra combos every single match.

Funtimes.

yeah I think I left think the deal was winner got the machine to themselves. wasn't like I didn't go there nearly every wedsnday though. it was a bowling alley and my step father of the time was an avid bowler
Cid- "looks like that overgrown lobster just got served!" Bartz-"with cheese biscuts AND mashed potatoes!"
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: Action53

Action53
3 months ago#274
https://i.imgur.com/aO7EOW6.jpg

Only drinking and driving I'll be doing tonight.
Plsbemeantome.sarahah.com

User Info: shipwreckers

shipwreckers
3 months ago#275
I remember playing a driving simulator where you can put in how many drinks you'd like to have, and then drive your car. The game would then simulated the input lag, so you'd feel how hard it would be to drive with that many beers.
Money is overrated...

mooreandrew58
3 months ago#276
shipwreckers posted...
I remember playing a driving simulator where you can put in how many drinks you'd like to have, and then drive your car. The game would then simulated the input lag, so you'd feel how hard it would be to drive with that many beers.

most things I know of thats supposed to emulate being drunk are no where close, like the stupid drunk googles, i've never been that drunk my vision was that blurry. though funny story I was taking criminal justice in college (long story short family pushed me to do college so I took something I knew I could pass) and we did this thing where we got other college students to try on drunk goggles and take a sobriety test, one dude aced it, took the goggles off handed them to my teacher (whom was an actual cop by day, teacher by night) and said "thanks for letting me know I can get by a sobriety test" and walked off

User Info: cute_fan

cute_fan
3 months ago#277
Eek ^.^;;
cuteness ^.^

User Info: Action53

Action53
3 months ago#278
I sold my Terminator 2 and Rampage for a hefty profit. I also picked up a neat cheap project

https://i.imgur.com/H9pQTVm.png
Plsbemeantome.sarahah.com

User Info: MasterGakke

MasterGakke
3 months ago#279
Wow, I remember those!

My favorite arcade game is Die Hard Arcade, which I beat on multiple occasions with different people. It's the pinnacle of beat-em-ups. How can you hate a game that has both a hairspray and lighter combo and anti-tank rockets that do roughly the same damage?
All generalizations are false, including this one.
(edited 3 months ago)

mooreandrew58
3 months ago#280
MasterGakke posted...
Wow, I remember those!

My favorite arcade game is Die Hard Arcade, which I beat on multiple occasions with different people. It's the pinnacle of beat-em-ups. How can you hate a game that has both a hairspray and lighter combo and anti-tank rockets that do roughly the same damage?

damn I never got that far in that arcade. only got to play it once.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. What is your all-time favorite ARCADE CABINET game you ever played? #2

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.