What is your all-time favorite ARCADE CABINET game you ever played? #2

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. What is your all-time favorite ARCADE CABINET game you ever played? #2

User Info: shipwreckers

shipwreckers
1 month ago#301
Questionmarktarius posted...
shipwreckers posted...
Sunset Riders deserves a remake, IMO.

I call dibs on Cormano.

Of course! EVERYONE loves Cormano ;)
Money is overrated...

User Info: mooreandrew58

mooreandrew58
1 month ago#302
shipwreckers posted...
I need to go back and attempt playing the actual arcade versions of several SNES games I played growing up. Back then, most of us only had access to home consoles for certain games, and the console versions were severely gimped in comparison to the actual arcade versions (Cruisn USA, Altered Beast, KI, TMNT, etc.).

Of course, this is partially because Arcade machines supported full-blown hard drives in them, while there's only so much you can pack onto a SNES cartridge. But still I feel like I owe it to myself to experience some of these classics in full arcade glory!

true I was watching a tv show the other day and saw someone playing punch out on a arcade and my initial reaction was "thats not f***ing punch out" only to find out the arcade version was different.
Cid- "looks like that overgrown lobster just got served!" Bartz-"with cheese biscuts AND mashed potatoes!"

shipwreckers
1 month ago#303
mooreandrew58 posted...
shipwreckers posted...
I need to go back and attempt playing the actual arcade versions of several SNES games I played growing up. Back then, most of us only had access to home consoles for certain games, and the console versions were severely gimped in comparison to the actual arcade versions (Cruisn USA, Altered Beast, KI, TMNT, etc.).

Of course, this is partially because Arcade machines supported full-blown hard drives in them, while there's only so much you can pack onto a SNES cartridge. But still I feel like I owe it to myself to experience some of these classics in full arcade glory!

true I was watching a tv show the other day and saw someone playing punch out on a arcade and my initial reaction was "thats not f***ing punch out" only to find out the arcade version was different.

The farther back you go with console generations, the more drastic the changes become.

So I need to think backwards on what my favorite games were growing up, and check to see if any arcade counterparts exist!
Money is overrated...

mooreandrew58
1 month ago#304
shipwreckers posted...
mooreandrew58 posted...
shipwreckers posted...

The farther back you go with console generations, the more drastic the changes become.

So I need to think backwards on what my favorite games were growing up, and check to see if any arcade counterparts exist!

yeah I want to say it was the show "the goldbergs" not sure the tv was just on and I happened to walk by and see it. but the graphics looked closer to super punch out, despite the machine just simply saying punch out. though the graphics also where not identical to super.
Cid- "looks like that overgrown lobster just got served!" Bartz-"with cheese biscuts AND mashed potatoes!"

User Info: Foppe

Foppe
1 month ago#305
I want to remember that Nintendo released two arcade Punch Outs before the Nes game.
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC

mooreandrew58
1 month ago#306
Foppe posted...
I want to remember that Nintendo released two arcade Punch Outs before the Nes game.

that I couldn't tell ya. my arcade experience mostly lies in street fighter 2, and marvel vs capcom. store up the road from my grandmothers had those 2 machines plus one other I don't remember because I apparently didn't care for it.

well also there was this capcom arcade at my local pizza place I loved. can never remember the name of the game (wanna say speed rumbler) even tough I found it and got it on my 360 through a capcom arcade collection. you drove a car with guns, and you could exit the car and run along on foot. you fought mostly other cars while advancing a mostly linear path.
(edited 1 month ago)

shipwreckers
1 month ago#307
Fun Fact. The Ronald McDonald house used to have fully-functioning arcade cabinets for the sick kids to play on (obviously without requiring coins; the kids could simply press start in free mode with infinite continues). I thought that was a cool gesture on their part.
Money is overrated...

User Info: waterdeepchu

waterdeepchu
1 month ago#308
the X-Men arcade game. Though by the time I was a kid, arcades had already started going downhill, so my experience is limited.
Friend Code: 2707-2146-0610
Ditto, Kecleon, Lillipup

User Info: Action53

Action53
1 month ago#309
https://i.imgur.com/56KNKqe.jpg

Fixed my Asteroids
Plsbemeantome.sarahah.com

shipwreckers
4 weeks ago#310
To this day, I still have never played Asteroids. I should give it a shot.

Also, does Asteroids use vector graphics???
Money is overrated...
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. What is your all-time favorite ARCADE CABINET game you ever played? #2

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.