DMed my second game of DnD yesterday.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. DMed my second game of DnD yesterday.
(I have now officially spent WAY too much time thinking about unicorns).

"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family

User Info: Mario_VS_DK

Mario_VS_DK
2 months ago#132
ParanoidObsessive posted...
(I have now officially spent WAY too much time thinking about unicorns).

I'll say. It normally takes me at least 45 minutes to properly think out and make a character limit post, and you made four of them.

Playing a game right now with a few weird moments. As a weak little mage, I managed to beat down a giant on my own by whacking him with my staff. I mean, I hit him with Hold Monster first, but it still counts.

Since that happened, I decided to trip another giant as it ran past me towards our paladin. It did not work and made him quite angry with me.

Later on I cast Hold Monster on a dragon and our rogue successfully coup de graced him. After I thought, "Hm, are they immune to mind-affecting affects?" Checked, nope. But they are immune to paralysis. Time to retcon!
Stupid signature!

Mario_VS_DK
2 months ago#133
Wow. We're taking a quick break from the game I'm DMing. They are currently fighting the assassin who is trying to kill the guy they are supposed to be protecting and he <strikeout>is</strikeout> was winning. As I was typing that out, we got back and the person who's turn it was and ended up knocking him out. He was level 3, against a party of level 3s.
Stupid signature!
(edited 2 months ago)
Mario_VS_DK posted...
I'll say. It normally takes me at least 45 minutes to properly think out and make a character limit post, and you made four of them.

I write stream of consciousness. It probably takes me about 10-15 minutes of typing to max out a post.

Normally, I basically start typing and then don't stop until I get to the end, then I have to go back and break up one massive post into however many it takes to get it all posted within GameFAQs character limits.

Mario_VS_DK
2 months ago#135
I write stream of consciousness. It probably takes me about 10-15 minutes of typing to max out a post.

Normally, I basically start typing and then don't stop until I get to the end, then I have to go back and break up one massive post into however many it takes to get it all posted within GameFAQs character limits.

Yeah, I normally spend a fair amount of time minimizing redundancy and making sure my thoughts are clear and concise while making sure I've said everything I want to say. (And I'm still pretty awful about that all...) So I suppose it would take longer for me than most people despite my very fast typing speed.
Stupid signature!
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: I_Abibde

I_Abibde
2 months ago#136
*returns to this topic*

It looks like unitaur gets to be a term now. Then again, pegataur had already happened, so -- *shrugs*

Rare gaming find of the day (though I did not buy it): Was picking up Munchkin Fu for the family, and the game shop had received a trade of a very old copy of Ironclaw (i.e. the tabletop RPG for furries). Same edition as the one my university game club tested out back in the day. Felt a little nostalgic. ... Then again, I guess it is hard not to be nostalgic about playing a horny kleptomaniac goat.
-- I Abibde / Samuraiter
Laughing at Game FAQs since 2002.

User Info: Person106

Person106
2 months ago#137
Person106 posted...
It means the horsey would have pretty pastel legs, like the magical unicorn Twilight Sparkle.

That's just a My Little Pony thing, though.

99.44% of the time, when you're dealing with unicorns in fiction, they're going to be pure white.

Fine, so she'll look like this:

http://i.imgur.com/F6QhdvE.jpg
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/person106
I_Abibde posted...
the game shop had received a trade of a very old copy of Ironclaw (i.e. the tabletop RPG for furries)

Reminded me of a time long ago and far away, when this was a thing and I almost kinda-sorta played it, except none of the people involved could maintain their interest past the character creation phase:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_%26_Other_Strangeness

Which in retrospect is kind of a shame. Because that happened during a period when one of my friends was actively trying to get into GMing games (because up to that point, I was the one running 99% of the games anyone was playing in our immediate area), but he kept picking game systems that everyone thought were terrible (either because the system itself was bad, or because the setting was meh, or whatever), so none of his games ever really got off the ground and he eventually stopped trying.

Had he succeeded, he might have established himself as a good GM and run games that I could actually have PLAYED in (rather than almost always being the GM myself), and I might be more comfortable as "just a player" today. Instead, because so much of my RP has always been me as the one running things, I always feel a bit out of my comfort zone when I step down and let someone else take the reins.

Then again, that friend sort of became an a****** to everyone about six years later anyway, so it might not have mattered much in the long run.

We generally use these sorts of topics as general D&D/RPG topics above and beyond their actual initial purpose, so here's a question for everyone just because I was bored and sort of thinking about the idea.

Let's say you were going to play in a 5e D&D game, and the DM told you that the premise for their game was that every player would play a dual class character. You'd start the game at level 2, taking the first level of two separate classes, and with each successive level up, you'd have to choose one of those two classes to level (but you also have to keep them balanced, so every time you level one, you have to level the other next level up - basically, you'd pick one of your classes every odd level, and the other would get leveled up every even level).

The DM suggests that they'd LIKE you to choose two classes for story reasons and combine them to make an interesting roleplaying character concept (like, say, making a Fighter/Mage who is a combat battlemage or a Cleric/Paladin who is a militant church-knight for their god), and not just power game and choose two classes that synergize best for optimal combat utility mechanically, but they can't straight up stop you from being a filthy munchkin if that's what you really want to do.

Given the traditional starting classes to choose from
(Barbarian, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard), which two would you choose to combine, and what would your overall character concept be?

User Info: shadowsword87

shadowsword87
2 months ago#140
Like most of my stuff, it would depend on the serious level honestly.

Higher seriousness: Bard Warlock. I like the idea of someone making some sort of pact with the devil for ultimate power, but then using it to help people out whenever possible but the corrupting nature of the devil deal makes things more interesting.

Mid seriousness: Fighter rogue. I honestly just like having bow characters, deal with it.

Low seriousness: wizard barbarian, because I want to see how that plays out.
(edited 2 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. DMed my second game of DnD yesterday.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.