I haven't consumed any animal products in a week

• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. I haven't consumed any animal products in a week

User Info: Doctor Foxx

Doctor Foxx
3 weeks ago#401
Revelation34 posted...
They wouldn't have had any kind of medical knowledge to claim that it was meat that caused that back then.

What is your point? Even if the mechanism wasn't understood as well it is today, physicians existed then and observed the end results of consumption which was people with certain diets becoming very ill. People were still harmed by meat. That ignorance doesn't mean that the meat was free of dangers. People also didn't know about bacteria or handwashing. Lack of hygeine still killed people. You don't have to understand the danger to be at risk through actions. Thank f*** people learn.

https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/787591-overview#a4

Even if no one understood a thing about the dangers... Ignorance of risk is not absence of risk. We will hopefully continue to find what is best for health and disease prevention. At this time after extensive research physicians are leaning towards plant based eating to prevent and treat many types of diet related disease. 😺
Never write off the Doctor!
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Revelation34

Revelation34
3 weeks ago#402
Doctor Foxx posted...
Revelation34 posted...
They wouldn't have had any kind of medical knowledge to claim that it was meat that caused that back then.

What is your point? Even if the mechanism wasn't understood as well it is today, physicians existed then and observed the end results of consumption which was people with certain diets becoming very ill. People were still harmed by meat. That ignorance doesn't mean that the meat was free of dangers. People also didn't know about bacteria or handwashing. Lack of hygeine still killed people. You don't have to understand the danger to be at risk through actions. Thank f*** people learn.

https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/787591-overview#a4

Even if no one understood a thing about the dangers... Ignorance of risk is not absence of risk. We will hopefully continue to find what is best for health and disease prevention. At this time after extensive research physicians are leaning towards plant based eating to prevent and treat many types of diet related disease. 😺

So then claiming the disease came from meat only and not other hygienic issues seems very legit. Either way it doesn't matter since that doesn't actually prove meat is dangerous.
Gamertag: Kegfarms, BF code: 2033480226, Treasure Cruise code 318,374,355

User Info: helIy

helIy
3 weeks ago#403
i made polish sausage today

rather, i grind and mixed the meat yesterday, and today put it into casings.

man i love sausage
welcome to my empire
where everybody's f***ed up

Doctor Foxx
3 weeks ago#404
helIy posted...
i made polish sausage today

rather, i grind and mixed the meat yesterday, and today put it into casings.

man i love sausage

Homemade is the best kind really!

Revelation34 posted...
So then claiming the disease came from meat only and not other hygienic issues seems very legit. Either way it doesn't matter since that doesn't actually prove meat is dangerous.

Some diseases are demonstrably zoonautic even if you don't understand it but that's the norm it seems

helIy
3 weeks ago#405
Revelation34 posted...

meat has fat.

fat kills people.

ergo, meat kills people.

you literally cannot sit there with a straight face and claim that meat is amazing and super healthy and never resulted in many people dying

at this point you're just weakly trolling, and you are, mainly because that's the only thing you do.
welcome to my empire
(edited 3 weeks ago)

Revelation34
3 weeks ago#406
helIy posted...
meat has fat.

fat kills people.

ergo, meat kills people.

you literally cannot sit there with a straight face and claim that meat is amazing and super healthy and never resulted in many people dying

at this point you're just weakly trolling, and you are, mainly because that's the only thing you do.

Nobody ever said meat is super healthy. The issue is calling it dangerous is a flat out lie. Dangerous implies something much more than a few people dying from heart disease. Also you clearly don't know what trolling is.

helIy
3 weeks ago#407
Revelation34 posted...
The issue is calling it dangerous is a flat out lie.

prove it. fox has provided plenty of sources.

you have provided exactly none.

back your s*** up fam.

Revelation34 posted...
Also you clearly don't know what trolling is.

lolk
welcome to my empire
(edited 3 weeks ago)

Revelation34
3 weeks ago#408
helIy posted...
Revelation34 posted...
The issue is calling it dangerous is a flat out lie.

back your s*** up fam.

Revelation34 posted...
Also you clearly don't know what trolling is.

lolk

No she didn't. There was no source actually calling it dangerous. There were sources about diseases that can come from meat. Oh and you really don't know what trolling is.

Doctor Foxx
3 weeks ago#409
Revelation34 posted...
Nobody ever said meat is super healthy. The issue is calling it dangerous is a flat out lie. Dangerous implies something much more than a few people dying from heart disease. Also you clearly don't know what trolling is.

A few people? Heart disease is the biggest killer in the US and Canada. The. Biggest. Killer. And it can largely be prevented. It totally is dangerous.

Ignoring heart disease, it's also a big risk factor for cancers

http://www.pcrm.org/health/cancer-resources/diet-cancer/facts/meat-consumption-and-cancer-risk

HCAs, a family of mutagenic compounds, are produced during the cooking process of many animal products, including chicken, beef, pork, and fish. Even meat that is cooked under normal grilling, frying, or oven-broiling may contain significant quantities of these mutagens.6,7,8 The longer and hotter the meat is cooked, the more these compounds form. In some studies, grilled chicken has formed higher concentrations of these cancer-causing substances than other types of cooked meat.9

Even unprocessed chicken is a huge cancer risk

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/mar/04/animal-protein-diets-smoking-meat-eggs-dairy

It's also a big risk for other diet related diseases

helIy
3 weeks ago#410
Revelation34 posted...
No she didn't. There was no source actually calling it dangerous. There were sources about diseases that can come from meat.

helIy posted...

back your s*** up fam.

Revelation34 posted...
Oh and you really don't know what trolling is.

helIy posted...
lolk

yawn.

your bait is weak as s***
welcome to my empire
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. I haven't consumed any animal products in a week

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Closed