If I worked on the set of Arrow, I would never get anything done.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. If I worked on the set of Arrow, I would never get anything done.

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
1 month ago#51
If anything, this is a solemn reminder how few major Asian superheroes exist in the Marvel and DC Universe if the biggest names being thrown around are Katana and Dr. Light 2.

Personally, the first people to come to mind are the short-lived Ryan Choi Atom and Jimmy Woo from the short-lived Agents of Atlas. Oh, plus Nico Minoru.
(\/)(\/)|-|
In Zeus We Trust: All Others Pay Cash

User Info: Jiggy101011

Jiggy101011
1 month ago#52
Zeus posted...
If anything, this is a solemn reminder how few major Asian superheroes exist in the Marvel and DC Universe if the biggest names being thrown around are Katana and Dr. Light 2.

Personally, the first people to come to mind are the short-lived Ryan Choi Atom and Jimmy Woo from the short-lived Agents of Atlas. Oh, plus Nico Minoru.

I thought Iron Fist was supposed to be Asian, turns out I can't think of any Asian super hero now.
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Man got me a 9 and she sexy.

User Info: keyblader1985

keyblader1985
1 month ago#53
Well it's not DC or Marvel, but we'll always have anime.
Official King of PotD
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai

Zeus
1 month ago#54
keyblader1985 posted...
Well it's not DC or Marvel, but we'll always have anime.

Most of them aren't really superheroes, though. Sure, you have the guys from Tiger & Bunny, but most of the characters aren't expressly superheroes.
(\/)(\/)|-|

User Info: keyblader1985

keyblader1985
1 month ago#55
Well most series aren't meta enough to use the term superhero. Most of the people who fight for good would just be called "the good guys." But the likes of Sailor Moon, the Z Fighters, and Team Urameshi would fall under the category if they were made in America. Heck, Goku's origin story was directly inspired by Superman.
Official King of PotD
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai

Zeus
1 month ago#56
keyblader1985 posted...
Well most series aren't meta enough to use the term superhero. Most of the people who fight for good would just be called "the good guys." But the likes of Sailor Moon, the Z Fighters, and Team Urameshi would fall under the category if they were made in America. Heck, Goku's origin story was directly inspired by Superman.

Pretty sure a lot of superhero comics aren't "meta" enough to use the term superhero either. However, as far as superheroes are concerned, there *are* some genre-defining characteristics including the dual identity (which is why some western comic characters, like John Constantine, arguably aren't superheroes (by contrast, you have characters like Vision who have no dual identity who are superheroes by virtue of being on a superhero team which meets those conventions)). Therefore you *could* argue that Sailor Moon broadly fits the definition of a superhero, but Team Urameshi and the Z Fighters clearly would not (although the Great Saiyaman comes close).

As for Goku's origin story being inspired by Superman, do you have a source for that claim?
(\/)(\/)|-|

User Info: acesxhigh

acesxhigh
1 month ago#57
she has decent pits but really not that hot
http://www.last.fm/user/pr0wnage420

User Info: Krazy_Kirby

Krazy_Kirby
1 month ago#58
Jiggy101011 posted...
Zeus posted...

I thought Iron Fist was supposed to be Asian, turns out I can't think of any Asian super hero now.

sunfire, from japan. basically the human torch
Kill From The Shadows.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiot
(message deleted)

User Info: Conner4REAL

Conner4REAL
1 month ago#60
You do know that chick is not as hot as she is in touched up photos right.
"there is a real human centipede situation happening in the men's room" - Hon Ruth bader Ginsberg.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. If I worked on the set of Arrow, I would never get anything done.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.