If I worked on the set of Arrow, I would never get anything done.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. If I worked on the set of Arrow, I would never get anything done.

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
3 months ago#71
ninjabay posted...
Also why do superheores have to have a secret identity? Ironman and Cap are superheroes and everyone knows who they are. Z fighters are heroes and have superpowers, that makes them superheroes IMO

And yet they're still called Ironman and Captain America instead of Tony Stark and Steve Rogers. That's why it's not necessarily SECRET identities but instead DUAL identities.

keyblader1985 posted...
To begin with, I specifically said his origin story, as in the part that was explained when Raditz came to Earth. It's common knowledge that Dragon Ball was originally based on Journey to the West, and that has no bearing one way or the other on this. But maybe it would have been more accurate to say the Saiyan arc in general was influenced by Superman

Because apparently anything with an alien child coming to Earth is Superman now? Plus Raditz's story explains he was sent to Earth as a conqueror and that sending babies was a normal thing to do. In Superman's case, he was sent alone because the rocket couldn't fit his whole family and the planet was going bust. Even if you discount DB, their origin stories are completely different other than being aliens.

keyblader1985 posted...
There's not much point in pointing out all the ways the two are different, because if they were exactly the same, it would just be plagiarism. We know Dragon Ball is inspired by JttW, but it's still different in many ways. The point is that there are several similarities.

However, any similarities are so superficial as to be meaningless. There's no apparent connection. There's no creator's mention of there being any inspiration. It's just your fan theory.

Personally, I've often compared S-Cry-Ed to X-Men (on the grounds of a variable mutant gene suddenly popping up), but it's pretty clear that there was no real inspiration drawn. The two concepts just happened to be similar. It happens because it's not like the idea is incredibly original.

keyblader1985 posted...
You are right that I can't find any direct quote confirming it though. But it's a commonly held fan theory. In any case, I think you're blowing this whole thing out of proportion, from as soon as I mentioned anime.

Because you're being strangely and irrationally insistent that it's the same thing when it's really not. While there are a few anime which overtly use superheroes (Tiger and Bunny being the first to come to mind) and several more which readily qualify since they meet the tropes (Sailor Moon), most anime with superpowered beings really don't.
(\/)(\/)|-|
In Zeus We Trust: All Others Pay Cash

User Info: keyblader1985

keyblader1985
3 months ago#72
Bro.. just freaking drop it. Nobody cares about what makes a superhero or the specific differences between Goku and Superman. Damn.

Zeus posted...
It's just your fan theory.

I already said that.
Official King of PotD
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
3 months ago#73
keyblader1985 posted...
Nobody cares about what makes a superhero or the specific differences between Goku and Superman. Damn.

Says the guy trying to connect the two...
(\/)(\/)|-|
In Zeus We Trust: All Others Pay Cash

User Info: magemaximus

magemaximus
3 months ago#74
i don't like her stubby fingers/fingernails
You can't persuade fanboys. You'd be better off trying to convince a wall. ~CodeNamePlasmaSnake~

User Info: ninjabay

ninjabay
3 months ago#75
Will this be the Season 6 discussion topic aswell?
it rained the day i was born but i was the lightning on that storm

keyblader1985
3 months ago#76
I wasn't planning for the topic to last this long, but I don't mind either way.
Official King of PotD

User Info: ninjabay

ninjabay
3 months ago#77
keyblader1985 posted...
I wasn't planning for the topic to last this long, but I don't mind either way.

When does it start?

It's always fun having where to discuss it i guess
it rained the day i was born but i was the lightning on that storm

keyblader1985
2 months ago#78
Oh my God, I just realized..

Cory Chase. They have an incredible resemblance.

I hadn't heard of her before the Ted Cruz incident, but.. this changes everything.
Official King of PotD

User Info: Krazy_Kirby

Krazy_Kirby
2 months ago#79
keyblader1985 posted...
Oh my God, I just realized..

Cory Chase. They have an incredible resemblance.

I hadn't heard of her before the Ted Cruz incident, but.. this changes everything.

really? shes a fairly big name
Kill From The Shadows.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiot

keyblader1985
2 months ago#80
If you knew about Cory and know how much I like Felicity, then I judge you for not mentioning her sooner.

Shame on you. >.>
Official King of PotD
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. If I worked on the set of Arrow, I would never get anything done.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.