All Geek's Eve

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. All Geek's Eve

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
4 weeks ago#131
ParanoidObsessive posted...
Also, on an entirely unrelated note, I am posting this:

http://www.cbr.com/hilarious-x-men-memes

Terrible list, mostly for the low-quality writing. Granted, I suppose I shouldn't have expected much from the subject matter or due to the fact it's a listicle. The only meme which kinda amused me was Wolverine's inability to heal his broken heart and, since I didn't see AoU yet, the two Quicksilvers note is of interest.
(\/)(\/)|-|
In Zeus We Trust: All Others Pay Cash
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Zeus posted...
Terrible list, mostly for the low-quality writing. Granted, I suppose I shouldn't have expected much from the subject matter or due to the fact it's a listicle.

The point isn't to read it, the point is to look at the memes.

The writing is only for the normies who don't understand the most basic aspects of comics in the first place, and those filthy animals don't deserve better writing anyway.

"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family

Zeus
4 weeks ago#133
ParanoidObsessive posted...
Zeus posted...
Terrible list, mostly for the low-quality writing. Granted, I suppose I shouldn't have expected much from the subject matter or due to the fact it's a listicle.

The point isn't to read it, the point is to look at the memes.

The writing is only for the normies who don't understand the most basic aspects of comics in the first place, and those filthy animals don't deserve better writing anyway.

I edited in my thoughts on the memes themselves after the fact, but I guess you responded before you could see them:
The only meme which kinda amused me was Wolverine's inability to heal his broken heart and, since I didn't see AoU yet, the two Quicksilvers note is of interest.
(\/)(\/)|-|

User Info: The Wave Master

The Wave Master
4 weeks ago#134
I mentioned a few days back about seeing a Nintendo Switch in the wild at Wally World. Two of them actually.

It's just funny how life works out sometimes because these articles answer my question about the availability of the console. Apparently Gamestop has a ton of them, but not at retail price. Those bastards are forcing people to buy 2 additional items in order for you to take the console home.

First off Gamestop can go straight to hell. I understand that they want to put the shaft to people in order to make a profit, I mean they are a business after all, but this mess is just wrong. Secondly if you don't have other buying options just follow this Reddit thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/71533r/how_to_get_a_nintendo_switch_at_gamestop_for_305/

Gamestop is terrible. Please don't shop there.

https://kotaku.com/some-gamestops-are-refusing-to-sell-switches-without-bu-1818660366
We are who we choose to be.

Zeus
4 weeks ago#135
The Wave Master posted...
Gamestop is terrible. Please don't shop there.

They have decent clearances, though. I stocked up on GBA games when they were going 75% off, plus I got some of the Game of Thrones Mystery Minis for $2 each.
(\/)(\/)|-|

User Info: Entity13

Entity13
4 weeks ago#136
If don't care if Gamestop's deals ever become supremely good. It's a bad company. If someone offered me money to just take ownership of it, I'd close all doors for the good of the world, and dig into the company's coffers to give severance packages to a good number of minimum wage employees who deserved better.
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb179/EntityXIII/entityfn7.jpg

User Info: The Wave Master

The Wave Master
4 weeks ago#137
I'm patiently waiting for Nintendo to release the final version of The Switch. Not this beta tested sucker version everyone is buying right now.

You know, the version with the larger high definition screen, the version with a wired Ethernet cable, the version where you can charge the system while in the docking port, the one that doesn't scratch the screen while in said non charging docking port, the one with the improved ram and processor to play most 3rd party games without limitations. You know that version of The Switch.

That's the version of The Switch I'm waiting for, and I'm willing to wait the 2 to 3 years for that version to exist. Because I have a feeling this is going to be a 3DS situoan with about a million noni system refreshes.
We are who we choose to be.

Zeus
4 weeks ago#138
Entity13 posted...
If don't care if Gamestop's deals ever become supremely good. It's a bad company. If someone offered me money to just take ownership of it, I'd close all doors for the good of the world, and dig into the company's coffers to give severance packages to a good number of minimum wage employees who deserved better.

If your objection is that they pay minimum wage, so do countless other companies >_> In general, there's not much to distinguish them from any number of other retailers on an ideologically "good" or "bad" level.

And, as a consumer, I care about price, quality, and service. Unless the company is illegally harvesting human organs or sex trafficking on the side, their vices aren't terribly relevant.

The Wave Master posted...
I'm patiently waiting for Nintendo to release the final version of The Switch. Not this beta tested sucker version everyone is buying right now.

You know, the version with the larger high definition screen, the version with a wired Ethernet cable, the version where you can charge the system while in the docking port, the one that doesn't scratch the screen while in said non charging docking port, the one with the improved ram and processor to play most 3rd party games without limitations. You know that version of The Switch.

That's the version of The Switch I'm waiting for, and I'm willing to wait the 2 to 3 years for that version to exist. Because I have a feeling this is going to be a 3DS situoan with about a million noni system refreshes.

The 3DS has barely had any refreshes if you exclude the downgraded 2DS variants. Even the DS seemed to go through a lot more.

And, while I'm waiting for some of the early issues to be fixed, I don't expect half of the stuff you think we'll get *especially* not one with a boosted processor.
(\/)(\/)|-|

User Info: Entity13

Entity13
4 weeks ago#139
Zeus posted...
Entity13 posted...

If your objection is that they pay minimum wage, so do countless other companies

It's not. In fact, if you read what I said more carefully, my course of action would have provided a bonus to minimum wage workers for what they had to deal with, working for Gamestop. My problem is with Gamestop's policies as a company.
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb179/EntityXIII/entityfn7.jpg

Zeus
4 weeks ago#140
Entity13 posted...
Zeus posted...
Entity13 posted...

If your objection is that they pay minimum wage, so do countless other companies

It's not. In fact, if you read what I said more carefully, my course of action would have provided a bonus to minimum wage workers for what they had to deal with, working for Gamestop. My problem is with Gamestop's policies as a company.

And how exactly are they more sleazy or degenerate than other companies? I worked at quite a few retailers in my younger days with corporate operations and *all* of them imposed unrealistic standards which, at best, required management to put in a lot of unpaid overtime. District managers would sporadically stop into the stores and berate both managers and employees loudly enough for customers to hear and, at times, in places where customers could also stare. One retailer -- a major pharmacy chain which will remain nameless -- was infamous for underscheduling shifts, resulting in employees not being able to take breaks (because it was just the manager and one employee) then, quite often, trying to force managers to put in that an employee had taken an unpaid half-hour break for a meal because it was legally required by law.

That's not counting the number of retailers who wouldn't have the next week's schedule posted by Saturday night and, after working that Saturday night, you'd get chewed out over the phone for not showing to open Sunday morning because a manager wrote out the schedule -- either Saturday night or Sunday morning -- without telling anybody.

Not that mom & pop retailers were much better when it came to scheduling and oftentimes they were a lot worse when it came to paying you on time.
(\/)(\/)|-|
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. All Geek's Eve

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.