All Geek's Eve

• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. All Geek's Eve

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
1 month ago#291
Recently watched a ton of clips from Scott Pilgrim vs the World. I had originally ignored the film because it cast Michael Cera and it looked, for lack of a better term, like "hipster garbage," but after seeing Ellen Chong -- who played Knives Chau -- in The Void, I was kinda more open to the film (and I'll likely check out GLOW and some of her other work).

While I haven't seen the whole thing, what I've watched probably accounts for 2/3s of the film, and everything I saw was absolutely incredible. I loved how they incorporated a lot of video game sound effects -- including NES and SNES sounds -- and a lot of the other sound editing. With the exception of the twins, the evil exes were all awesome -- I've never been a Jason Schwartzman fan, but he was great as Gideon -- and I was perhaps most impressed by Chris Evans as Lucas Lee since I didn't even recognize him. Plus this is probably the first role in which I've liked Michael Cera.

The Wave Master posted...
Secondly, why in the hell is a racing simulation game online only? By that I mean why do you need persistent online for a console ralcing game. A console racing game that you can't even save your progress unless the server is up? This isn't a pc game that does this to prevent cheating and theft. This is a racing game about tuning up cats to perfection, and turning piles of junk into gold. Also, it's about realistic driving. It just doesn't make any sense.

That's bizarre. Does it not have single-player or something?

Neville quit. Left Raw and asked for his release. My wife loves him because she thinks he could play Link in a live action Legend of Zelda movie. "He doesn't even need a prosthetic for his ears." She yells.

I had heard that he'd walked off. Didn't realize it was official.

Anyway, he left mainly because Enzo is a Piece of trash, and he had to drop the belt to that idiot. However, Neville had the cruiserweight belt for the better part of a year. Now he's salty after not having the belt for less than a month? I know Enzo is a pill, and I don't know the real behind the scenes dynamic, but but seems a but dramatic right?

Some wrestlers take that s*** waaaaaaaaay too seriously. Brett Hart was the same way, which is why he refused to drop the belt and then blew the whistle after VKM screwed him.

Also, rumor is Nia Jax quit too. Now she has a reason to be pissed at management. She should have won the belt at Summerslam in that garbage fatal 5 way match. She's being buried under Alexa Bliss. Which is a shame because she has worked really hard since her NXT Days. Granted so has Bliss, but if you're not going to give her a run during al big 4 pay per view then when will they? Plus Bliss has the charisma of a wet diaper.

I find your claim of Bliss's lack of charisma disingenuous, given that she's managed to get some pretty strong heel heat at times and built a following for a while. As for Nia, I've never really liked her because her body type is just weird.

And, in general, the brand split seriously hurt the women's division.
(\/)(\/)|-|
In Zeus We Trust: All Others Pay Cash

User Info: Broken_Zeus

Broken_Zeus
1 month ago#292
Pokemon Go's Halloween promo trailer is out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqTTNgyJm-o

Witch hat Pikachu (which looks cute) and Gen 3 ghost Pokemon are included among the special stuff. Then there'll also be double candy.

Rest of the Gen 3 Pokemon are slated to start releasing in December, which should be exciting... although I've only just got a Blissey and Snorlax and soon Slaking -- which I assume will be a top-tier defender -- will be out >_>
Gamefaqs cannot handle my #BrokenBrilliance

Zeus
1 month ago#293
Guess I missed the news, but Bubba Ray Dudley has retired

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaWaJwLtWsQ

I looked up his age -- because he still looks pretty young -- and he's only 46 which seems kinda young to retire when you're still drawing money. I know that personal finances also play a factor, which is why Hogan and Flair were wrestling in their 60s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubba_Ray_Dudley

Also I was kinda wondering if Velvet Sky was still dating him, but they don't list anything about her in his wikipedia page. So I googled a bit and the most recent reference I found was from March so I'm guessing they still are.

As for PoGo, the ghost spawns are overly generous. Caught 2 Sabeyes then enough Shuppets to evolve *two* of them and almost enough Duskulls to evolve one. Also got the witch hat Pikachu. I assume they're going to calm down the spawn rates after the first day. In general, getting kinda hyped for gen3 since the Hoenn Pokemon were my second-faves after gen 1.

Also, never noticed it before, but Duskull only has *one* eye which moves between the two eye sockets. Given that his evos only have one eye (and one eye socket), it kinda makes sense. However, before now, I only saw his sprite in the games so it wasn't readily apparent.
(\/)(\/)|-|

User Info: The Wave Master

The Wave Master
1 month ago#294
In other wrestling news, Roman the Reigns, Bo Dallas, and Bray Wyatt all have some vital infection, and will not wrestle tomorrow at TLC. The virus appears to be mumps or meningitis. Both options stink, but the latter is clearly the worse of the two options.

Since they won't wrestle old, busted ass, janky necked Kurt Angle is going to take Roman's place in the match against Kane and the Misfits. Bray Wyatt is being replaced by AJ Styles, which is a huge upgrade in my opinion, in his match against Finn Balor. And no one cares about Bo Dallas so he is not being replaced.

That's all. Eccept where the hell is P.O?
We are who we choose to be.

Zeus
1 month ago#295
In other wrestling news, Roman the Reigns, Bo Dallas, and Bray Wyatt all have some vital infection, and will not wrestle tomorrow at TLC. The virus appears to be mumps or meningitis. Both options stink, but the latter is clearly the worse of the two options.

Huh. Weird coincidence.

Since they won't wrestle old, busted ass, janky necked Kurt Angle is going to take Roman's place in the match against Kane and the Misfits.

idk, that's like complaining that they're out of hamburger when they're offering to substitute filet mignon at the same price. A broken down Kurt Angle is still worth 3 Roman Reigns.

That's all. Eccept where the hell is P.O?

Yeah, he has been suspiciously absent although I've seen him in other topics like the Teen Titans one.
(\/)(\/)|-|
Zeus posted...
Yeah, he has been suspiciously absent although I've seen him in other topics like the Teen Titans one.

I've been crazy busy recently. I'm mostly just hit-and-running the board in short bursts occasionally, and when I do that I usually just read/reply to a couple posts on the main page rather than go through all previous topics or stuff which involves more in-depth consideration.

I'm not quite dead yet. So you can all stop calling dibs on my stuff.

"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family

User Info: Entity13

Entity13
1 month ago#297
We can, but we won't.
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb179/EntityXIII/entityfn7.jpg

Zeus
1 month ago#298
ParanoidObsessive posted...
Zeus posted...

I've been crazy busy recently. I'm mostly just hit-and-running the board in short bursts occasionally, and when I do that I usually just read/reply to a couple posts on the main page rather than go through all previous topics or stuff which involves more in-depth consideration.

I'm not quite dead yet. So you can all stop calling dibs on my stuff.

And I had the post-it notes ready and everything...
(\/)(\/)|-|

Zeus
1 month ago#299
Realized that I fell behind watching the Simpsons (and also that I missed the start of Lethal Weapon; saw the season premiere which was *awesome*) and wound up watching a fantasy-themed episode entitled "The Serfsons"

I was under the impression it was going to be a Game of Thrones parody, but it was more a mix of various fantasy, etc, although it referenced white walkers as a major plot point and dragon lore.

My favorite scene was this gem, though:
https://i.imgur.com/MMlmDjc.jpg

On finding out the price of an amulet which could cure Marge's mom, Homer remarks, "Yeah, but 100 GP? That's more than a 10th level fighter makes in an entire campaign."
(\/)(\/)|-|

Zeus
1 month ago#300
Question for PO: Why does Phil Murphy look like a bigger jackass in his own commercials than he does in the attack ads against him? He also picked a really weird angle where he's hunched over or something for the end of his commercial. I don't get this guy at all. At any rate, I just want those stupid NJ elections to be over since whenever I'm watching Jeopardy or Wheel of Fortune, I see at least one commercial for or against him during every break.

In geekier news, I stumbled upon Funko's Retro Video Game Mystery Minis set and, after learning that it's not really *that* rng compared to other sets -- the packaging denotes the game title the character/figurine comes from which, in some cases, there's only one figurine for that game -- wound up just buying the Centipede one

https://www.cardboardconnection.com/funko-retro-video-games-mystery-minis

http://thefwoosh.com/index.php/2017/03/funko-retro-video-games-mystery-minis/

Like the look of it. Tempted to get the Frogger as well despite having never been a Frogger fan. You know who was a Frogger fan, though? George Costanza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-FbktgqCqY
(\/)(\/)|-|
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. All Geek's Eve

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Closed