All Geek's Eve

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. All Geek's Eve
The Wave Master posted...
Justice League is tracking for less than stellar numbers this weekend.

It's because most ticket sales are a reaction to the last movie in the series, not the current one. At least at first (this CAN change over time, if word-of-mouth indicates that the current movie is radically different from the previous one, either for good or ill).

Batman vs Superman was a hot bowl of steaming turd soup, so a lot of people are hesitant about wasting money on this one. The fact that most of the reviews are kind of meh means that a lot of those on the fence types are more likely to skip it and just wait for it to hit cable/on demand/etc if they bother to watch it at all.

"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
3 weeks ago#402
As for my robot leg. It's made from carbon fiber. It's just one solid piece with an opening for my leg socket. There just is not any room for weapons, but I will make due without a rocket or Progresso e knife.... For nw!p

Other than the carbon fiber construction, sounds boring. Granted, carbon fiber sounds far cooler than it is.

If anyone can show me a way to post pictures so you can see my leg then I will post them.

www.imgur.com

You right-click the image once you've uploaded it and select "copy image location" to post a direct link which shows on forums. Granted, since not everybody might want to see it (given that some people may be squeamish), you could also just post the general "share" link on the side.

ParanoidObsessive posted...
It's because most ticket sales are a reaction to the last movie in the series, not the current one. At least at first (this CAN change over time, if word-of-mouth indicates that the current movie is radically different from the previous one, either for good or ill).

Yes, people often forget that. Granted, in some cases -- like Batman & Robin -- it can solely be based on the new film. (Granted, Batman & Robin was great in its own way -- as an homage to the campier 60s tv show.)
(\/)(\/)|-|
In Zeus We Trust: All Others Pay Cash

Zeus
3 weeks ago#403
Oh, I also recently discovered that Batman and Harley Quinn (an animated film) was a thing. I found clips on Youtube and, while it was clearly in the style of the New Batman Adventures, it seemed like one of bulls*** lost episode creepypastas, since there's a heavily implied (if not outright stated) sex scene in it between a bound Nightwing and Harley Quinn and I couldn't remember any of it.

At any rate, from what I wound up seeing between the various clips, it seems fantastic. There's a tremendous amount of humor including some stuff at the ending where Harley warns Ivy that she's going to unleash her ultimate weapon and then starts to cry, causing Ivy to break down as well... and then you have Swamp Thing appear in front of the villain following an epic buildup, give a speech, and then just leave, to which Harley responds, "Wait, that's it?" and some surprisingly humorous references such as Harley accusing Nightwing of "Kirking her for information" -- ie, a Star Trek reference
(\/)(\/)|-|

User Info: The Wave Master

The Wave Master
3 weeks ago#404
If people want to see great Justice League stuff just watch The animated Justice League cartoons on Netflix.

Justice League and Justice League Unlimited were damn good cartoons. Along with the 2 seasons of Young Justice. Now that's good stuff with a great plot, decent animation, and wonderful voice acting.
We are who we choose to be.

Zeus
3 weeks ago#405
Just learned that the Punisher is out on NFI. So far behind, not sure when I'm watch it, though. I'm *assuming* that it's largely unrelated to the other NFI Marvel shows except for Daredevil s2. I'm not sure if he cameo'd in Iron First, Luke Cage, or the Defenders.

(And, in general, the *only* NFI Marvel series I'm really into is Daredevil. Jessica Jones was alright, Luke Cage I'm kinda ehhh on because of his role in Jess Jones, Iron Fist hasn't intrigued me, and the Defenders just seems like a time-killer spacing out Daredevil seasons.)
(\/)(\/)|-|

User Info: The Wave Master

The Wave Master
3 weeks ago#406
Iron Fist is terrible. Don't waste your time on that mess. The reviews for The Punisher have been solid, but just about anything would be better than Iron Fist, except Batman Versus Superman. Nothing is worse than that steaming pile of poop.

Oreon did inform me yesterday that Redbox not only rents games, but sells games for pretty damn cheap. Like Doom for 5 bucks, Rocket League for 10, and Knack 2 for 5 bucks as well. The most expensive game on the list was 35 for Marvel Vs. Capcom I finite.

You can go to their website, buy the game, and pick it up at a Redbox near you. It isn't a bad deal, and since I don't want digital games in my collection this is a good alternative.
We are who we choose to be.

Zeus
3 weeks ago#407
Oreon did inform me yesterday that Redbox not only rents games, but sells games for pretty damn cheap. Like Doom for 5 bucks, Rocket League for 10, and Knack 2 for 5 bucks as well. The most expensive game on the list was 35 for Marvel Vs. Capcom I finite.

You can go to their website, buy the game, and pick it up at a Redbox near you. It isn't a bad deal, and since I don't want digital games in my collection this is a good alternative.

Well, they have to do something with the games after renting them.
(\/)(\/)|-|

User Info: Raganork

Raganork
3 weeks ago#408
Yeah, I looked into those redbox games. Turns out the nearest one that sells the ones I want (Doom and Dark Souls 3 for $5 a piece) is around two miles away. Not worth the drive, considering I've so much other s*** backlogged at the moment.

Zeus
3 weeks ago#409
Raganork posted...
Yeah, I looked into those redbox games. Turns out the nearest one that sells the ones I want (Doom and Dark Souls 3 for $5 a piece) is around two miles away. Not worth the drive, considering I've so much other s*** backlogged at the moment.

>_>

And I think I might have paid $4 for Doom new during a clearance although I still don't have a ps4 or any plans to get one soon.
(\/)(\/)|-|

User Info: knivesX2004

knivesX2004
3 weeks ago#410
I saw Justice league.
It certainly was a movie with action scenes in it. There may have even been a plot too.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. All Geek's Eve

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.