All Geek's Eve

• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. All Geek's Eve

User Info: The Wave Master

The Wave Master
3 weeks ago#411
Don't lie Knives. There was no damn plot. Oreon told me as much when we spoke yesterday. I heard the action scenes were action like too.

Also, is 2 miles really too far to drive for cheap games? Not judging or anything, just thinking that it's not too far to drive at all.
We are who we choose to be.

User Info: Raganork

Raganork
3 weeks ago#412
Yup. It's too damn far. If the games were available at the five redboxes that are within spitting distance of where I live, that's one thing. I'm not driving all the way to bumblef*** for them. I am way too lazy for that.

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
3 weeks ago#413
Not for nothing, but two miles isn't even that far to bike or walk. And it might be like a five-minute drive. That *is* within spitting distance. Hell, I have to drive almost ten minutes to reach anything in my area.
(\/)(\/)|-|
In Zeus We Trust: All Others Pay Cash

User Info: shadowsword87

shadowsword87
3 weeks ago#414
I just drove 30 minutes for a job that I didn't want/need, but still wanted to check out.
It's 2 miles.

Raganork
3 weeks ago#415
You guys are forgetting that's it's 2 miles there... PLUS 2 miles back. f*** that. I'd much rather sit inside and play monster hunter.

shadowsword87
3 weeks ago#416
But Dark Souls 3 is soooo good.
It's really, really good.

Raganork
3 weeks ago#417
If I can find the Dark Souls 3 complete edition for $20 or less (ha) this Friday, I'd rather get that anyway, and even then that's a hard maybe. Been Souls'd out for years. Doom, meh. Wasn't really interested in it, but $5 was enough to get me to try it out.

Ipso facto the drive isn't worth it.
Zeus posted...
Not for nothing, but two miles isn't even that far to bike or walk. And it might be like a five-minute drive. That *is* within spitting distance. Hell, I have to drive almost ten minutes to reach anything in my area.

The average human can walk 2 miles in about 15-20 minutes.

That being said, I can absolutely understand why something might be so utterly apathetic about something that even a 5 minute walk feels "too long". There were places I wouldn't walk to when I was a car-less teenager in spite of being willing to walk about 5 miles every weekend to buy comic books. Something can be a 5 minute walk away and still not be worth the 5 minutes.

And honestly, how "far" away something is depends a lot on location. For some people, they basically have to drive a half-hour or more just to buy groceries, and "luxuries" like going to a hobby shop or the movies might be an hour or more away. Conversely, for me I can get to multiple grocery stores in about 5 minutes and nearly every store or service I can comprehend ever needing to use is within about 30 minutes tops (and I can get from one side of my state to the other in about an hour, or from top to bottom in about ). To me, a half-hour drive seems relatively long, but to other people, driving two hours to see a movie might seem normal (while to me it would seem insane).

"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family

User Info: Entity13

Entity13
3 weeks ago#419
ParanoidObsessive posted...
The average human can walk 2 miles in about 15-20 minutes.

uhh... I'm fairly certain the average human is less than half as fast as that.
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb179/EntityXIII/entityfn7.jpg

shadowsword87
3 weeks ago#420
Entity13 posted...
uhh... I'm fairly certain the average human is less than half as fast as that.

Short people, maybe.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. All Geek's Eve

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Closed