All Geek's Eve

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. All Geek's Eve
The Wave Master posted...
Are any of you geeks playing Destiny 2? If so is it better than Destiny vanilla? I'm thinking it's just marginally better than the first. Which means it's not woeth owning or investing hundreds of hours into the game.

I was already biased against it because of the massive clusterf*** and MMOishness of the first game, but then they brought in the microtransaction fiasco this time around and now I generally feel like Bungie and Activision can go f*** themselves in the ass with a rusty pitchfork.

"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family

User Info: The Wave Master

The Wave Master
1 month ago#52
J.J. Is back to direct Episode IX.

After Disney, and by Disney I mean Kathleen Kennedy, fired apparent ego maniac Colin Trevorrow, they needed a writer and director for Star Wars episode IX and J.J. was free.

I like The Force Awakens, and this just completes the circle. Hopefully, the movie isn't a remake of Jedi because Ewoks suck. Sorry Sobe. (Who I hope isn't dead.)
We are who we choose to be.

User Info: shadowsword87

shadowsword87
1 month ago#53
J.J. was fine (maybe even good with the amount of crap he probably has to deal with), and that's totally OK for what they're doing.
The framing and pacing were all pretty good, nothing that's blowing the waters out for artistic creativity, but for a Disney Star Wars (tm) film, I'm happy he's there.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: WhiskeyDisk

WhiskeyDisk
1 month ago#54
Nintendo says to not pay more than 80 bucks for the SNES Classic Edition. (Which is the retail price.)

My suggestion to that is to make more consoles so there isn't a shortage, and to directly control the preorder process instead of farming it out to retailers to mess up spectacularly.

seconded. if you don't want your s*** hoarded and scalped, stop creating a bottleneck on distribution in the first place.

the solution is so bloody obvious that its as if Nintendo were being disingenuous or something here.
http://i.imgur.com/4fmtLFt.gif
http://s1.zetaboards.com/sba/ ~there's always free cheese in a mousetrap.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
1 month ago#55
Nintendo says to not pay more than 80 bucks for the SNES Classic Edition. (Which is the retail price.)

My suggestion to that is to make more consoles so there isn't a shortage, and to directly control the preorder process instead of farming it out to retailers to mess up spectacularly.

All I know is that my handicapped butt is going to be at Best Buy on the 24th very very early. That way the wife and I can get tickets to actually get a copy. I suggest you do the same if you want a copy of the retro console.

http://gizmodo.com/nintendo-urges-public-don-t-pay-more-than-80-for-snes-1803138702

The real issue is the huge amount of arbitrage which occurs when scalpers create shortages in the market by purchasing product for resale. It happens when almost every new system first hits the market. Of course, because this is a limited system, things are going to be worse.

J.J. Is back to direct Episode IX.

After Disney, and by Disney I mean Kathleen Kennedy, fired apparent ego maniac Colin Trevorrow, they needed a writer and director for Star Wars episode IX and J.J. was free.

I like The Force Awakens, and this just completes the circle. Hopefully, the movie isn't a remake of Jedi because Ewoks suck. Sorry Sobe. (Who I hope isn't dead.)

Thus dashing any hopes I had for this trilogy. FML, it's the prequel trilogy all over again but worse.

WhiskeyDisk posted...

seconded. if you don't want your s*** hoarded and scalped, stop creating a bottleneck on distribution in the first place.

the solution is so bloody obvious that its as if Nintendo were being disingenuous or something here.

Unless they overproduce to the extent that half their product doesn't sell and needs to be clearanced out, there will be issues. It's a bit different with normal consoles because it's continuous production for a lifecycle so eventually everybody gets the product.
(\/)(\/)|-|
In Zeus We Trust: All Others Pay Cash

User Info: Raganork

Raganork
1 month ago#56
Now why would Nintendo say that this time around, but not for the NES Classic? We know that they stated that their production of the SNES Classic will far exceed that of the NES, but perhaps they might actually produce enough to meet demand? It doesn't seem likely, but I believe that's what they're implying.

That or they've had it with scalpers making more per system than Nintendo themselves, in which case get this f***ing situation under control by pumping out more units.

Side note: I actually saw an NES Classic out in the wild last year. It was at a Macy's. I didn't buy it because I don't care for NES games, and I didn't flip it because I'm not an a******. Maybe I can find a SNES Classic there this year.

Zeus
1 month ago#57
Raganork posted...
Now why would Nintendo say that this time around, but not for the NES Classic? We know that they stated that their production of the SNES Classic will far exceed that of the NES, but perhaps they might actually produce enough to meet demand? It doesn't seem likely, but I believe that's what they're implying.

Because they didn't realize what a s***storm the NES Classic release would be.

Raganork posted...
Side note: I actually saw an NES Classic out in the wild last year. It was at a Macy's. I didn't buy it because I don't care for NES games, and I didn't flip it because I'm not an a******.

I was kinda so-so on it but I would have bought one if I saw it. Also kicking myself for not trying harder to track down a $100 N3DS since I thought it'd be a normal model going forward and f*** paying extra for the XL.
(\/)(\/)|-|

User Info: The Wave Master

The Wave Master
4 weeks ago#58
Apple now wants you to pay a grand for an Iphone X. I'm not paying 1 dollar for any Apple product let alone a grand for a phone that does the same exact thing a 150 dollar Android phone can do. (Wirelss charging included.)

Wait... Androids can't unlock the phone with your face. Well, that's clearly worth a thousand dollars.

I'm just sick of these yearly press conferences that don't announce anything new or worthwhile. Just slightly better versions of last years phone. This is the phone industry's version of Madden.

And I don't buy Madden wither.
We are who we choose to be.

Zeus
4 weeks ago#59
I'm not paying 1 dollar for any Apple product let alone a grand for a phone that does the same exact thing a 150 dollar Android phone can do. (Wirelss charging included.)

Really? Because $1 for a phone with a $150 phone's capabilities sounds good =p
(\/)(\/)|-|

User Info: Raganork

Raganork
4 weeks ago#60
Honestly, if I ever stumbled into an iPhone for free, I'd pass it along to one of my family members or just sell it. Dealing with iTunes is simply not worth the hassle. I don't even give a s*** about the lack of convenient features like an SD card slot, removable battery, 3.5mm port, micro-usb charging port, etc. ITunes itself is such a bloated piece of s*** that I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. All Geek's Eve

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.