All Geek's Eve

• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. All Geek's Eve

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
3 months ago#61
Raganork posted...
Honestly, if I ever stumbled into an iPhone for free, I'd pass it along to one of my family members or just sell it. Dealing with iTunes is simply not worth the hassle. I don't even give a s*** about the lack of convenient features like an SD card slot, removable battery, 3.5mm port, micro-usb charging port, etc. ITunes itself is such a bloated piece of s*** that I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy.

I just use the iPhone I got for free as a MP3 player. I don't particularly like iTunes that much, but I've redeemed digital copies of films through the service and I've uploaded CDs I've bought into it. It's not a great system, but it's somewhat serviceable... only issue is I can't figure out how to clear out my old iPod shuffle and mass-delete songs from the iPhone. Meh.
(\/)(\/)|-|
In Zeus We Trust: All Others Pay Cash

User Info: Raganork

Raganork
3 months ago#62
Here's how I mass delete songs on my Android phone:

- long-press a song title
- check the box next to every song I want gone
- trash bin icon

Here's how I did it on my ipod:

- connect to computer
- open iTunes
- oh, my ipod isn't being recognized because I'm using a s***ty 3rd party cable since the official one provided with the ipod broke a year ago, and new official cables are $30; let me reconnect it several dozen times to see if that fixes things
- go into sync settings
- uncheck the songs I want gone
- sync in progres...
- wait an hour...
- come back and it deleted everything

Oh, and the sixteenth update of the day is waiting for me.

User Info: The Wave Master

The Wave Master
3 months ago#63
Vince McMahon is 72 years old. 72. He isn't 50 or even sixty. And by God can this man take a bump! Not only that, but he's better on the Mic and cutting a promo than 3/4 of the wrestling talent he has on his roster.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp0J7P62NFU

No wonder he has to send Ole Roman the Reigns to acting classes. The man has carnival barker in his blood. Great job Vince, and nurse that massive headache he probably has this afternoon. I mean he's going to nurse it with booze, pills, and steroids, but he deserves those things.
We are who we choose to be.

Zeus
3 months ago#64
The Wave Master posted...
Vince McMahon is 72 years old. 72. He isn't 50 or even sixty. And by God can this man take a bump! Not only that, but he's better on the Mic and cutting a promo than 3/4 of the wrestling talent he has on his roster.

He's also hit the gym every day for several hours for the past 40-50 years. If you maintain conditioning, you can maintain your body. As for his ability to take bumps, remember that he once blew out both of his quads getting into the ring =p

(Wasn't watching wrestling when it happened but happened to catch that Royal Rumble and was confused about him sitting down when cutting a promo on how to decide the winner.)

(Also, that was a pretty spectacular year in wrestling given that two of the standard-bearers were built at the same time... although they backed the wrong guy when they had Batista go over Cena. Oh well, still it's always nice to see people go over Cena.)

Should also mention that I listened to a 30-35 minute Dave Meltzer (with Bryan Alvarez?) clip from a podcast discussing the last (or next to last) Raw despite having not watched a Raw in ages. Granted, the fact that they're building up Braun really makes me want to get back into watching Raw... but it's f***ing 3 hours long and Hulu has too many commercials.
(\/)(\/)|-|
Zeus posted...
Should also mention that I listened to a 30-35 minute Dave Meltzer (with Bryan Alvarez?) clip from a podcast discussing the last (or next to last) Raw despite having not watched a Raw in ages.

That's basically what I do. I watch a couple of different YouTube channels that talk about wrestling, so I know what's going on on Raw and SmackDown, and I watch the PPVs with a friend of mine, but I probably haven't watched an actual episode of either Raw or SmackDown in like 15 years.

It works better that way, because you get to hear most of the backstage drama (which is honestly more interesting than the majority of in-ring angles at this point) and most of the actual strong matches without having to sit through all of the dreck.

Zeus posted...
Granted, the fact that they're building up Braun really makes me want to get back into watching Raw...

Brawn is awesome, but you might be better off not getting invested, because you'll only be disappointed when they feed him to Brock and/or Roman.

Zeus posted...
but it's f***ing 3 hours long and Hulu has too many commercials.

WWE itself posts most of the actual worthwhile highlights on their own YouTube channel, and will recycle all of it into the video packages for the PPVs.

And if you don't want to pay for the network, and you're willing to go looking, you can usually find someone live-streaming the PPVs on YouTube if you look hard enough.

Though if you're an older wrestling fan, the mass of past content on the network might be enough to help justify the monthly price tag for you, regardless of what you might think of the current product. Especially since they have the tape libraries from WCW and ECW as well as WWE/WWF.

"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family
(edited 3 months ago)

The Wave Master
3 months ago#66
As much as I love wrestling I have let my WWE network subscription lapse. I do watch, rather I fast forward, through most of Raw and Smackdown, but I only care about the big 4 pay per views anyway. And by then they usually offer a free month, and I don't miss the things I really care about.

As for Braun... I too like him a lot and I don't usually like the monster characters that Vince builds. However, they are going to probably feed him to Roman or Brock, and both of them suck.

Roman is about as interesting as watching paint dry, and Brock is just a roided up part timer that greatly benefits from Paul Heyman being stellar on the mic. It's hard if not impossible to get behind those 2 morons.

However, I do love me some Miz. How do all of you feel about him?

Zeus
3 months ago#67
In general, I'm pretty sure they need to protect Braun to some extent because they likely want to use him as a Big Show replacement since Show is looking to retire in the next few years.
(\/)(\/)|-|
Zeus posted...
In general, I'm pretty sure they need to protect Braun to some extent because they likely want to use him as a Big Show replacement since Show is looking to retire in the next few years.

If they want to use him as Big Show 2.0, they wouldn't NEED to protect him, considering they basically s*** on Big Show for about 90% of his career.

I LIKE Big Show, but let's be honest, he's Jobby McJobberson.

"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family

Zeus
3 months ago#69
ParanoidObsessive posted...
Zeus posted...

If they want to use him as Big Show 2.0, they wouldn't NEED to protect him, considering they basically s*** on Big Show for about 90% of his career.

I LIKE Big Show, but let's be honest, he's Jobby McJobberson.

Yeah, but that was later on AFTER Show had been built up to have some credibility. Before he was almost-jobbing to Rey Mysterio, he was beating Hulk Hogan for titles (granted, it happened at another promotion but those victories carried over with his reputation therefore making his losses more meaningful).

If they plan on using Braun in the long-term, he needs to win the world title.
(\/)(\/)|-|
(edited 3 months ago)

The Wave Master
3 months ago#70
The only time Big Show was cool or useful was in WCW when he was billed as Andre The Giant's son, nd came to the ring smoking cigarettes.

In his WWE career he has mostly jobbed and put over younger talent. He also cried a lot too. Seriously, the man can cry on demand.

Basically Big Show is only as strong or weak as the story line calls for in that particular feud.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. All Geek's Eve

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Closed