All Geek's Eve

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. All Geek's Eve
Zeus posted...
Yeah, but that was later on AFTER Show had been built up to have some credibility. Before he was almost-jobbing to Rey Mysterio, he was beating Hulk Hogan for titles (granted, it happened at another promotion but those victories carried over with his reputation therefore making his losses more meaningful).

Yes, as "The Giant" in WCW he was pushed hard early (at least until the NWO came along and pretty much everyone else got s***-booked), but he was de-pushed almost immediately because WWE management really didn't like his attitude (which is why he was sent down to developmental).

His time in the 'Fed (which really isn't "the Fed" anymore, but f*** it) was mostly a lot of underwhelming feuds (remember when he was fighting the Big Boss Man 10 years after anyone cared about the Big Boss Man?) and so-so pushes (remember when he got over by mimicking other wrestlers' gimmicks and making movie references?). Even when he was ostensibly a top-tier wrestler very few people ever saw him as one, and his constant weight issues meant he would occasionally get de-pushed for a while, which kind of killed his heat.

He's one of those wrestlers they occasionally sort of half-heartedly give a push to, then back off of once the audience reacts luke-warmly, which mostly only happens because an endless string of jobs has convinced the savvier audience that this person is a "loser" so they don't buy into their sudden revitalization.

And again, I LIKE Big Show. I feel like they mistreated him badly over his time in the company. But he's hardly the only victim of that *cough*Goldust*cough*.

I do agree that Braun SHOULD get the belt, but we're also talking about a company that is still convinced that Roman Reigns will get over if they just keep rubbing him in our faces until we love him. After 3+ years of that strategy absolutely failing to work. They are absolutely going to job him to Brock, so they can job Brock to Roman. Then, when that doesn't work, they'll ruin another wrestler the audience loves in yet another attempt to "coronate" Roman for the 47th time.

In the WWE as it currently exists, it seems like most of the Vince-inspired booking (ie, Raw as a whole and Jinder on Smackdown) has an air of clueless defiance about it. Expecting logic or sanity from the bookers at this point is a losing bet.

"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
3 months ago#72
ParanoidObsessive posted...
I do agree that Braun SHOULD get the belt, but we're also talking about a company that is still convinced that Roman Reigns will get over if they just keep rubbing him in our faces until we love him. After 3+ years of that strategy absolutely failing to work. They are absolutely going to job him to Brock, so they can job Brock to Roman. Then, when that doesn't work, they'll ruin another wrestler the audience loves in yet another attempt to "coronate" Roman for the 47th time.

Or they could have Braun squash Brock, make him look like s***, take the title then, in the rematch, squash him again and make him look like s***. And, hear me out, they could have Braun squash everybody else who comes his way and make them look like s***. Finally, you can Braun do the job for Roman.
(\/)(\/)|-|
In Zeus We Trust: All Others Pay Cash
But they won't do that, because at the moment Brock is still a proven mega-draw while Braun is not.

Also, Brock mostly avoids the traditional 50-50 booking problem because Heyman is his RL advocate and can often overrule what he sees as terrible booking decisions (which he's done multiple times, which is part of why Brock/Heyman have a bit of heat in the locker room). But Braun is still a relatively young, relatively powerless wrestler who is going to do exactly what he's told.

Again, stop thinking about what is logical for them to do, because they rarely do that these days. Especially not in scenarios where Vince is calling the shots rather than Triple H (who is still kind of annoyed that Vince keeps pissing away most of his NXT talent once it hits the main roster).

"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family

User Info: The Wave Master

The Wave Master
2 months ago#74
Kind of sad that I didn't get a Beta code for Dragonball Fighters Z. I have been watching the game on stream for a few hours and it looks as wonderful as it did at E3.

I love Arc Systems Work games. Guilty Gear, Blaz Blue, and even the Persona 4 fihting game were all solid. I especially love the music in Guilty Gear. (Shout out to Noontide, i l lovw that track.)

However, as a 90's kid I have a special place in my heart for Dragonball Z. Anyway the game looks great.
We are who we choose to be.

The Wave Master
2 months ago#75
One of the more terrible aspects of kidney failure and being on hemo dialysis, other than the 2 two inch needles that get stabbed in my chest 3 times a week, is the fact that I'm on constant fluid restriction.

Meaning I only csn drink 24 to 32 ounces of fluid in a 24 hour period. It stinks because that is not a lot of liquid. That's basically a little over one bottle of water a day. There is also hidden liquid in food. Soup, Apple sauce, ice cream, it's all counted as liquid.

I basically just eat ice all day. I know it's liquid, but it's not consumed as fast. It's miserable because I really can't eat chicken wings during football games because of the heat and thus the thirst that follows from the heat. (Bye, bye hot wings or any spicy food.)

Can any of you imagine living like this for a few days, weeks, or 4 years like I have? Did I mention the needles beind stabbed in my chest?

User Info: Korruptor

Korruptor
2 months ago#76
So... that robot body... If not we can infuse your genes with those of a starfish. Yeah yeah unwanted side effects here and there like unwanted limbs and possibly a clone of yourself.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: shadowsword87

shadowsword87
2 months ago#77
Korruptor posted...
So... that robot body... If not we can infuse your genes with those of a starfish. Yeah yeah unwanted side effects here and there like unwanted limbs and possibly a clone of yourself.

And you can have seawater blood! That's pretty awesome too.

Oh, the more and more I read Issac Asimov's thoughts on anything really makes me sad I could never have met him, he just is so damn interesting.

User Info: Raganork

Raganork
2 months ago#78
The Wave Master posted...
Can any of you imagine living like this for a few days, weeks, or 4 years like I have?

I drink around 5 bottles of water a day. Can't really survive here otherwise. So yeah, that sounds completely awful.

I was in the hospital around a year ago for 5 hours, and in that time they only allowed me a few sips of water from a small paper cup. It was torturous. Living off of 30oz a day would essentially be impossible.

Er, in more uplifting news, turns out most critics adored Samus Returns. Color me surprised. I'm still hesitant; I'll be waiting for a sale, whenever that may be.

The Wave Master
2 months ago#79
I have been watching some streams of Samus Returns, and it looks damn good actually. More importantly it feels like a natural 2d Metroid game. Mercury Steam has made some terrible games, but this doesn't look like one of them.

The most impressive thing about Samus Returns is the difficulty level of the game. Metroid games should be hard, and this fame looks brutal in places.

I suppose the game can be critiqued for being very much the same Metroid games that were made before like Zero Mission or Fusion, but enough has been added to keep it fresh.

Basically the same complaints about the static nature of this game could be made with the Legend of Zelda games until Breath of the Wild, or Ocarina of Time bought Zelda into the third dimension.

Either way a new 3D Prime game is coming probably in 2019 for The Switch so hopefully we get more 2d games along with the Prime 3d games. A Switch 2d Metroid would be sweet.

The Wave Master
2 months ago#80
Well ****!

Bobby the Brain" Heenan passed away today. Cancer is a dirty, dirty, Butthole. I feel even worse because I thought he had already passed away, but he had not as I wrongly mentioned earlier in the topic.

In my opinion was the greatest heel commentator in the history of wrestling. He wasn't a bad manger either.

Damn it, this sucks. Maybe he won't be in pain any longer. Hopefully he will get to rest in peace.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/09/18/bobby-the-brain-heenan-passes-away
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. All Geek's Eve

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.