I just got Tales of Graces f (spoilers no welcome past where I am)

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. I just got Tales of Graces f (spoilers no welcome past where I am)

User Info: Judgmenl

Judgmenl
1 month ago#81
I despise the difficulty settings in the last several tales of games. Probably the #1 reason why I won't revisit the series again.
Judge, Nostalgia is a hell of a drug. | http://hwbot.org/user/secretdragoon/
You're a regular Jack Kerouac

User Info: SilentSeph

SilentSeph
1 month ago#82
Entity13 posted...
I beat ToS so many times that, when its ps2 version was ported to the ps3, I jumped right on that and played a few more files just to get that platinum trophy. I never want to touch that stupid, evil mini-game on the Tethe'alla Bridge, ever again.

I haven't finished the PS3 port but I heard they removed the pause trick that helps you win red light green light. If so, then that mini game is probably harder than most of the series' super bosses. :o

User Info: Entity13

Entity13
1 month ago#83
SilentSeph posted...
Entity13 posted...
I beat ToS so many times that, when its ps2 version was ported to the ps3, I jumped right on that and played a few more files just to get that platinum trophy. I never want to touch that stupid, evil mini-game on the Tethe'alla Bridge, ever again.

I haven't finished the PS3 port but I heard they removed the pause trick that helps you win red light green light. If so, then that mini game is probably harder than most of the series' super bosses. :o

*eye-twitch*
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb179/EntityXIII/entityfn7.jpg

User Info: PK_Spam

PK_Spam
1 month ago#84
I think I can safely make an educated opinion about this game now that I've reached the Cryas in the desert ruins.

I can see why a ton of people say Xillia's battle system was a giant step down from this one. Everyone is just... fun to play as. I mean, can you imagine maining Elize is Xillia? She's super clunky and not nearly as fun to use as Pascal or Cheria.

This might be the next game I make sure I play through once a year or so. I'm having a blast. Too bad I have a job that forces me to wake up early every day, or I'd go and play this until 1 in the morning again
https://i.imgur.com/hCHZS1f.gif

User Info: Judgmenl

Judgmenl
1 month ago#85
PK_Spam posted...
I think I can safely make an educated opinion about this game now that I've reached the Cryas in the desert ruins.

I can see why a ton of people say Xillia's battle system was a giant step down from this one. Everyone is just... fun to play as. I mean, can you imagine maining Elize is Xillia? She's super clunky and not nearly as fun to use as Pascal or Cheria.

This might be the next game I make sure I play through once a year or so. I'm having a blast. Too bad I have a job that forces me to wake up early every day, or I'd go and play this until 1 in the morning again

Yup, this was the last game in the series where it felt good to control every character. Go back to Abyss, now THAT game was a blast to control characters in.
Judge, Nostalgia is a hell of a drug. | http://hwbot.org/user/secretdragoon/
You're a regular Jack Kerouac

User Info: shadowSEXil

shadowSEXil
1 month ago#86
@chaosbowser smh
Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.

User Info: chaosbowser

chaosbowser
1 month ago#87
shadowSEXil posted...
@chaosbowser smh

The characters were s*** and the story was boring. I would not play it for months before trying to force myself through it again. As a result i finished the game over the course of what must have been at least a year and a half. Never got the battle system down. As far as im concerned that's a failure of the game.
I love people.
I hate people.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: kelror13

kelror13
1 month ago#88
It's somewhat the opposite for me, the only characters I felt comfortable to play as in Graces were Asbel, Sophie somewhat and Hubert (although in the latter's case I kinda hated how he could easily get K.Oed especially on higher difficulty if we were not careful.) I was somewhat decent with Cheria in terms of using her A-arts. Richard was kind of okay and as for Pascal I never really connected with her gameplay style. Malik is the character I ended disliking in terms of gameplay due to the fact that his A-arts would leave wide open to enemy attacks and it's more problematic if said attacks missed there target.
I feel...I feel...I FEEL LIKE...YODELING. -Arthur from Journeyman Project 3

User Info: SilentSeph

SilentSeph
1 month ago#89
This definitely seems to be the most love-it-or-hate-it Tales game in the series haha

I unlocked Evil and Chaos by the time I reached Strahta and never changed below Chaos afterwards so that forced me to really master the battle system since I died like every other battle. Entrails Parasite is a total nightmare battle that you pretty much have to solo since their spells rip your team to shreds. Never ever doing that again on a fresh playthrough...

By the way, if an inn request asks you to retrieve something from the woods that Asbel and Malik trained in, make sure you save before you go.

User Info: PK_Spam

PK_Spam
1 month ago#90
You have to unlock Evil/Chaos mode?

Oh boy, what do I have to do for that?
https://i.imgur.com/hCHZS1f.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. I just got Tales of Graces f (spoilers no welcome past where I am)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.